Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC11 disappearing 2d geometry

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to decide if this is a bug (I've seen several references to roof slabs and meshes disappearing in past versions) or just user error given my whole 2 weeks of experience.

I've drawn two roof slabs on a roof layer I created. I flipped back and forth between 2d and 3d multiple times trying different techiniques of inputting simple sloped roof slabs. At one point I flipped back to 2d and both slabs were gone. They are still present in 3d.

I had the same thing happen with a generic toilet paper holder out of the default library included with AC11 but that time it happened every single time I switched to 3d and back and then it was gone in both 3d and 2d. I think that one is just a bug related to that particular object because the problem did not arise with a different TP holder.

My question is how do I get the roof slabs to show up in 2d? Or what are possible causes for why I can't see them in 2d but can in 3d?
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I suspect the objects may be above or below the Floor Plan Cut Plane, and therefore not displayed in 2d.

Check the FPCP settings for the plan you are working on, and also check the Home Story settings for the objects that are playing up. (They may be appearing on an unexpected/incorrect story.)

Hope that helps.

Pete.