BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC16 and Open GL issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an older computer. OK, it is ancient. It runs AC15 fine. I installed AC16 on my machine, and everything works good, except for when I go into 3D, the Open GL view acts like Wireframe, not shaded. Looking at the System Requirements for AC15, there is an asterisk that says that Open GL 3.3 might be needed to enhance performance.

My question is does the video card driver determine the Open GL version? I have the latest driver. I looked at the Video Card and the Open GL websites, but could not find any information.

I know this is a long shot, but I was hoping someone knew something, so I could run one last version of Archicad on this computer. And, NO, upgrading the computer is not possible at this point. Believe me, I wish it was.

thanks,

Jeff
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
NO.
This belongs to the video card hardware. Look into the video card manual (or use Google) to find which version of OpenGL it supports.
Dwight
Newcomer
Try making the 3D window smaller.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Your machine is sorely underpowered, but I have an old, less powerful laptop that runs 15 'good enough' (for on the road)...

Worth springing for a new machine IMHO... any upgrades to the one you have would be money down the drain. The components suggest that your computer is 8 years old ...

Cheers,
Karl

-------

Perhaps not related to your question, but for the benefit of those finding this thread via Search:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/VideoCardsForArchiCAD16#Mac_Specific_Recommendations

(MIGHT be related to your issue as you did not say what OS you are running. If XP, note that the Wiki article says that 'testing is in progress' - and doesn't list any cards with 256 MB memory.)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone for your comments. Making the 3D window smaller worked in making the Open GL view correct.

Karl, you are close, the computer is 7 years old. Knowing that AC16 is the last release supported by XP, and 32 bit, it would be pointless to try to upgrade anything on the machine. Any money spent would be on a new machine.

Thanks again,

Jeff
Learn and get certified!