BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC16 freezes in 3D

Paul Adams
Contributor
I just updated my OS to Mountain Lion yesterday and now AC16 freezes every time I go to the 3D window. The 'Force Quit Application' can't be brought up, other active programs (ie: my radio keeps running) can't be selected to use or to quit. Only solution is hard power down.

I uninstalled AC16. I reinstalled AC16 and HotFix 3270. I started a new file and just put in four walls--AC still hangs.

What to do?
Paul Adams, AIA, LEED AP

AC17

iMac, 4G RAM

MacBook Pro, 2G RAM
6 REPLIES 6
Paul Adams
Contributor
I spoke with Graphisoft tech support yesterday and reinstalled AC16 to repair it; I then installed AC16-3014 HOTFIX #1 and got it working.

Apparently there are some video driver updates in HOTFIX #2 that goofed things up.

Happy to be back in action.
Paul Adams, AIA, LEED AP

AC17

iMac, 4G RAM

MacBook Pro, 2G RAM
Francois_MCD
Expert
Good day

I assist some users in my area with tech support and this one MAC machine is messing us around. I hope someone can help us making sense of this?

Jay runs ArchiCad 16 on his MAC Book Pro | 2Ghz Quad core | 8GB RAM | OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.2 (12C60).
It does not matter what file he is working on (he mainly works on solo projects). +/- 90% of the time ArchiCad 16 crashes when he zooms, pans or rotates the model in the 3D window.
He was working on AC16 Int Build 3270 but we uninstalled AC16 then re-installed AC16 Build 3014 after reading this thread http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=40815&sid=4f3d5bd4e5b29328da6ffdd36fcd0015

This made no difference. The model we tested last crashed seconds after zooming, panning or rotating the model in the 3D window. We did the test on his machine since I work on a PC I can not simulate his problem.
BUG ID - (2012-11-29-15-57-25-9143)

He sent me an .PLA file (30.2MB) and the model performs fine on my side working on a ASUS i7 Quad core 2GHz Laptop | 12GB RAM | Windows 7 Pro 64bit GForce GT540M 1GB graphics running ArchiCad 16 Build 3270 (irrelevant actually but who knows).

Anybody that has any ideas what we can do or try to get this station up in production again will be welcomed please.
Regards
Francois

[img]
Jays Model.jpg
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Barry Kelly
What happens if you use the Internal Engine rather than OpenGL in the 3D window.
If that works fine then I would suspect the video drivers or the card itself.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
gpowless
Advocate
I've had the same issue since the last update. System wide hangs.

Graphisoft please issue a Hotfix #3 immediately!
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Certain video card configurations have some problems in the display, primarily on the Mac platform. Please try to turn on Antialiasing as it is described in this article: http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/AntialiasingNotAvailableWithCertainVideoCards#How_to_turn_on_Antial...
The next Hotfix will contain further developments in this issue.
Katalin Takacs
Francois_MCD
Expert
Thank you!!! Katalin
I have forwarded this info to my client and will get his feedback after the weekend.
Regards
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Learn and get certified!