Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC24 crashes after starting a file from Recent project start window

Luka Tomori
Newcomer
Hi,
I am running AC24 on my Mac and it crashes right after starting when clicking a recent project file in the Start Archicad 24 window.

However there is a workaround : I need to start a new project using my template and when opened, I pick File/Open command and navigate to the desired file and open it. In this case it opens normally.

I have found this might be connected with the ACrecentList file, but unfortunately I cannot find it on my Mac.

Regards,
Luka
5 REPLIES 5
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Luka,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

The ACrecentList.lck file can be found here (Library is a hidden folder): Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/GRAPHISOFT

Previously, we had some issue with this file blocking recent opened files showing up in the startup dialog. Please let me know if deleting this file helps with the issue!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Luka Tomori
Newcomer
Dear Minh,
thank you for your answer.
I have deleted the file and restarted my Mac.
There are still recent files in the start window (I expected them to disappear) and if I click one, AC crashes again.

Luka
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Luka,

This lck file was meant to be locking the list of recent projects only. To be able to clear it completely, please navigate to Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/GRAPHISOFT/AC 24 xxxx, there you'll find 2 files "Recent Documents (Project).prf" and "Recent Documents (symbol).prf". Move these 2 files somewhere else (as a backup), and try to start Archicad again. The list of recent opened files will be clear, and it can start registering new files again.

Nevertheless, this could be a serious issue. I believe there was a problematic file that somehow messed up the startup dialog. Maybe the 2 files I mentioned above can tell the developers something, but I'm not quite sure. Please let me know if this helps with the issue, and then we can dive in deeper into what triggered the crash.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Luka Tomori
Newcomer
Thanks for your prompt answer!

There was some development in this case: The SLO AC dealer had remembered me I had the same problem when the AC23 arrived:) After intense troubleshooting we have discovered my mid 2012 MacBook PRO graphic card doesn't handle a second 4K monitor and overloads while starting. That is why a simple AC test file with just a few lines stars normally from the recent files window and a more complex file fails...

So I will just use my workaround until Santa comes and Mariah Carrey starts to sing:)
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Luka,

Thanks for the confirmation! I thought that there was a problem with the startup dialog itself on AC24, fortunately it was not the case! Since Apple is rolling out their new ARM chips soon, I bet Macbook users will have a tough time this year deciding whether to go ARM or Intel

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT