Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC24 crashes when publishing a BIMX file

fabioferrini
Enthusiast
Hi,
we have a BIG problem publishing a BIMX files with iMac on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H15) AC report fatal crash during BIMX saving process file on desktop.
We have 3 iMacs with the Italian latest update 24.0.0 v1 ITA (4007) that DOES NOT SOLVE our crash problem.
We are very frustrated because we have been waiting for months for this update, we need to publish our work on BIMX and share with our partners files as soon as possibile.
Thanks

Fabio
Imac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), 4 GHz Intel Core i7 quad-core, 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4 GB
crash id:
AC24-2020-12-14-11-09-30-9856
AC24-2020-12-14-12-25-29-9953
5 REPLIES 5
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Fabio,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry about the issue!

Based on the crash reports alone, there is nothing specific that I can relate to. I'm wondering if you have encounter crashes with other operations, or whether it happens even when it's idle in the background?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

fabioferrini
Enthusiast
Hi Minh,
we are working at home at this time (coronavirus rules) so we have open zoom, Safari (need for him clou as a service), Apple Mail, 2 or 3 instance of Archicad open and I have problems with crash publishing a BIMX large file on desktop Archicad crash randomly after process start, sometimes after 10 minutes sometimes after 20 min...
fabioferrini
Enthusiast
Hi Minh,
I have read this post from Steven:
Quote:
I have Archicad 24 running on Catalina and the program seems slow and then crashes at various times. The solution so far from UAS support is:

Thanks for the feedback, I had a chat with a developer just now and they've suggested the following:

1. Update to 4007

2. Disable the Geometry Shader as before

3. Launch ARCHICAD at all times using the valloc_replace workaround as shown below:

0. download the .dylib file in the attachment and place it in Application folder

1.the command we will need to run looks like this:

DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/<path_to_dylib>/libvalloc_replace.dylib /<path_to_archicad>/ARCHICAD\ 24.app/Contents/MacOS/ARCHICAD

2. If AC is installed in "Applications/GRAPHISOFT/ARCHICAD 24" folder, here is how the command looks like:

DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/Applications/libvalloc_replace.dylib /Applications/GRAPHISOFT/ARCHICAD\ 24/ARCHICAD\ 24.app/Contents/MacOS/ARCHICAD

(remember to place "\" characters before every space in path, as you can see in the example above)

3. Paste the command to Terminal and press enter, AC will start.

It's important that Archicad is started each time using the Terminal command rather than just running it from the icon on the dock or desktop.

How does this sound to others?

I am losing so much time trying things but have no other option to continue drawing and keep restarting.

Thanks

Steven

End quote

Dear Minh, could you kindly explain me how I can try to “Disable the Geometry Shader” and download dylib file to try this workaround?
Thanks

Fabio
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Fabio,

First of all, Happy New Year! May it bless you with health, wealth, and happiness!

Thank you very much for the information and I am very sorry for the late reply due to holiday season.

Thanks to your second post to this thread, I believe this is a heap corruption case. We made an article late in December about the workaround to avoid these crashes from happening. Please follow the guide here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/133933/
and let me know if it helps with the issue!

Please make sure to have your Archicad up-to-date before applying this workaround (it requires Update 2 (40xx) for Archicad 24).

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

fabioferrini
Enthusiast
Hi Minh,
happy new year, and thanks for your answer.
I see the guide and I follow steps, now I try....

Have a nice day!

Fabio