BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

ARCHICAD Education Version not running - HELP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone can help me. I am a Teacher in Sydney, Australia. I have taken over a Design and Technology class from another teacher and they were completing an ARCHICAD project. I followed the prompts online to install version 23 and signed up for an educator license. I received the educator license and everything was running smoothly until I tried to run the software

Upon opening ARCHICAD I can't seem to get the software the work. I click new, browser, teamwork or even quit and the software just locks up loading for some reason. I have left it and it never resolves saying its loading indefinitely.

I uninstalled version 23 and tried to installed version 22, again everything worked. The image came up ARCHICAD22 for about 15seconds, then just disappeared and nothing opened. I then uninstalled 22 reinstalled 23 and same issue again.

The students are halfway through the project and I'm really struggling to teach them not being able to have my software running. Any advice or possible solution.

Current specifications below:

- Window Surface Laptop 3 15"
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit
- Quicktime installed
- 8GB RAM
- Intel COre 1.5-8350U U 1.7Ghz (8core)

Thank you.

Anthony
1 REPLY 1
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your question and I am very sorry about the issue!

First, your computer's hardware is on the weak side to run ARCHICAD, however it should not be the reason for freezing at startup.

From your description, it looks like either it is a licensing issue, or freezing due to failing to load the template. But this part really confuses me: "...installed version 22, again everything worked. The image came up ARCHICAD22 for about 15seconds, then just disappeared and nothing opened". Did AC22 fail to open as well, or it worked and you could create a new file and start working?

If AC22 fails to start, I can be sure that this is a licensing issue. Something must be preventing ARCHICAD from connecting to the license server. Can you disable all firewall/anti-virus software and try to run ARCHICAD again?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!