Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Advice on what to preset before starting a project.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've completed the Massaro House tutorial for AC 11 but there are a few gaps it doesn't cover very well. I assume I'll figure those out by doing a test house of my own choosing. I see alot of possibilities for presets that would make life easier once you start the project.

I am looking for advice from more experienced users than myself (which isn't hard) on what input they set up before drawing anything. Sheets, wall types, object settings, anything in the favorites category, project info?

What are some pretty common items that are easily setup before hand or save time later on by setting up at the project start?
3 REPLIES 3
http://www.bobrowconsulting.com/t/ArchiCADForCadManagers.pdf

Although a bit dated, this has infomation on setting up a template file. Probably a little more involved than you were expecting, though. Also, if you look around, there are a number of predone template systems available, from free to, well, not-free.

http://v3.digitalvis.com/pdfs/offstand.pdf has some good info, too.

Do a search here on on "template" and you'll probably dig up a lot of useful information.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
In short, as much as possible.

Everything you mentioned and more. The more you set up in a template, the more time it will save you in your everyday work. So it really depends how far you want to take it.

Some even build GDL objects, and others of us go so far as pre-linking all our drawing sets onto layouts.

The key is do get it right from the start and unfortunately, unless you have an expert guiding you the whole way, a lot of it comes down to experience.

Such is life I suppose...

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much! That gave me a lot better idea of where to look and what specifically to look for. Much appreciated.