Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Appletalk not available when looking for plotters on Mac

Anonymous
Not applicable
After upgrading from Mac OS9 to 10, and upgrading from Archicad 6.5 to 8.1, I am unable to print to my plotter..

Appletalk is greyed out when I go into plotmaker, plot, plot setup, setup...

I have considered setting the plotter up as a TCP printer, but since it worked fine in my old OS I would really like to continue using appletalk.

I have ensured that appletalk is definitely working in the OS.

Please help.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
To use the plotter as a printer in OS X you will need an appropriate driver. You don't mention what plotter you are using so it is impossible to give you a detailed answer. Gimp Print with or without Ghostscript might work if your plotter is supported. Otherwise you should be able to easily set it up as a plotter over TCP/IP in PM. Just type in its ethernet address and port (typically 9100). AFAIK Appletalk is not an option.
rm
Expert
Nefarious wrote:
After upgrading from Mac OS9 to 10, and upgrading from Archicad 6.5 to 8.1, I am unable to print to my plotter..

Appletalk is greyed out when I go into plotmaker, plot, plot setup, setup...
Thats because Appletalk is not available to "PLOT" with in PM using OSX.
I "PLOT" using an IP address to my HP650c, works great!

If you want some screens shots, let me know.

Regards,
Architects Design Forum, Ltd.

Robert Mariani
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Djordje
Ace
Nefarious wrote:
See if the appropriate topic in the Tips&Tricks at http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=930 can help.

There is also a chapter at ArchiGuide (link on the top left as you read this).
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen