BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 12 Silent install/uninstall

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to create a silent installation of Archicad 12 to use with an sms-server to distribute it to about 100 computers.
I found this guide that helped me http://archicadwiki.com/AC%2012%20Install%20Package%20Creation.
But i also want to create an uninstall so we can remove it from the computers, silently without any user interaction.
Is this possible?
I found that the uninstall is located at C:\Program\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 12\Uninstall.AC\uninstaller.exe.
Using "uninstaller.exe -silent" makes it silten, but reboots the computer to.
If this is the only way to uninstall Archicad, i also want to prvent it from rebooting.

Any tips?
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm afraid I don't have any tips about the uninstall, but I am very interested if you have managed to get ArchiCAD to install with SMS.

As you will know, SMS delivers the package to the target computer and then runs the installer using a system account with elevated privileges. When I try to deploy the ArchiCAD Installation Package through SMS the setup program starts but then immediately exits with a failure code of -1073741819.

I have narrowed down the problem a little. The ArchiCAD installer will not run when invoked by the local SYSTEM account rather than an interactive user. This can be confirmed by running the command:

AT hh:mm /interactive cmd.exe

This will invoke a command prompt as the SYSTEM account. If you then try to run the Installation Package from this prompt a box briefly pops up with the message:

Checking Installed Java Runtime Environments. Please Wait...

The installer then exits with no error. As SMS uses the SYSTEM account to install software it fails in the same way.
Learn and get certified!