Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 13 slower on new i7 vs core 2 duo laptop?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I recently upgraded my macbook pro from a 2.5ghz core2duo to the new macbook pro 2.66 i7 and i find that my old laptop was faster in computing the 3d conversions (steps 1-8 to generate the 3d window). it is a very marked difference (1-2 minutes longer than the old machine). I re-installed to no-avail. does AC 13 have issues with the new i7 hyper-threading? any setting i might be missing? anyone else experience this? thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Which videocard you use on a new laptop?
Rakela Raul
Participant
Mister Crazy !!

Regarding slowness, is your artlantis 3.03 slower than artlantis
2 ??
im also looking into the i7 and thanku !!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
crazyASD wrote:
it has dual video cards:

internal intel 288mb vram

NVIDIA Geforce GT 330M 512mb vram

the building of the 3d window is slow (steps 1-8) but once it is built it is way faster than my old machine.
Anonymous
Not applicable
FIXED. You have to turn off the video card automatic switching in the system prefs. it is wicked fast now. what took a minute on my old machine is near instantaneous.

_lex_oevs wrote:
crazyASD wrote:
it has dual video cards:

the building of the 3d window is slow (steps 1-8) but once it is built it is way faster than my old machine.
Anonymous
Not applicable
might have spoke too soon. there is an improvement but the re-build still takes longer... i remember AC13 using both CPU threads to process the elements, on my i7 only one thread (of four) is being used.

_lex_oevs wrote:
FIXED. You have to turn off the video card automatic switching in the system prefs. it is wicked fast now. what took a minute on my old machine is near instantaneous.

_lex_oevs wrote:
crazyASD wrote:
it has dual video cards: