BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 15 Hotfix-1 (build 3267) cannot install OSX 10.6.8

aahatimo
Newcomer
anyone else having problems with hotfix 1 installing on 10.6.8?
i get error message: archicad 15 hotfix #1 cannot access one or more files/folders in macintosh hd: applications: graphisoft: archicad 15

i have removed goodies folder. accessories library folder and just tried with bim explorer folder removed. still no go.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Forgive iPhone typing brevity...
No problems for me. Sounds like a permissions problem. Run Disk Utility to repair?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
aahatimo
Newcomer
i just ran cocktail earlier in the week so preferences should be ok. i will run disk utility.
i think i had hotfix problems in the past, thought there may have been something about were goodies and accessory library folders were located. also nick from gsus mentioned yesterday in a response to try the hotfix with them moved out of v15 folder. that did not work. i really have not worked with v15 much beyond setting up a work environment, have been waiting for this 1st hotfix.
i do not have many addons beside some library items and BIMstopPalette15.
where is the accessory library to be located in main v15 folder? goodies automatically load into the add-on folder.

just received this from nick at gsus tech support:

"Okay, I found that we have had previous cases like yours in earlier releases and it was related to 3rd party add-ons, but more specifically all files and folders within the ArchiCAD 15 folder must have "write" privileges. So you could check through some files/folders and check the privileges by right-clicking or typing 'command + I' to "Get Info". The other option would be to completely uninstall and re-install ArchiCAD 15 to start fresh.

At this point these are the best solutions I have. If this fails you may wish to Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility in OSX."

will check that recommendation out.
tim hanagan
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
aahatimo
Newcomer
it was the BIMstopPalette15 apx that had admin but not all users permissions. changed that and hotfix# 1 installed.
my ac rep at cad designs just gave me a permissions tip; go to main v15 folder> get info> unlock if needed> click wheel and choose apply to all folders. that will change every sub folder in main folder.
thanks karl & nick (and kevin & symm)!
tim hanagan
Learn and get certified!