BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 16 crashing often

Ugljesa Janjic
Newcomer
I just installed the version 16 and am trying to work on an existing project. The program crashed at least 6 times today. Fortunately no work was lost, but this didn't use to ever happen with the version 15. It seems that it starts overworking when I go into a 3d view and then just collapses. I have 4GB or RAM on my machine. Could this be the problem? Should I re-install the program?
Ugljesa Janjic
ugljesa@janjicarch.com
ArchiCAD 25
Mac OS
11 REPLIES 11
Dwight
Newcomer
Try a smaller OpenGL window.
Dwight Atkinson
Gorazd
Booster
Similar thing happened to my friend. He figured out, that his graphics on his older Mac Pro had only 128 mb of RAM. When he reduced the resolution of his monitor troubles went away. Anyway, he bought new graphics and all is fine now.
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
Ugljesa Janjic
Newcomer
Thank you both for your replies. Smaller window makes sense and it seems to have solved the problem. I also concluded that the projects that I started with the 15 version should just be opened with the version 15. There seem to have been quite a few glitches in the model when imported (opened) with the version 16. Just a possibility.
Ugljesa Janjic
ugljesa@janjicarch.com
ArchiCAD 25
Mac OS
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is putting it mildly, I'm furious with the release of this unstable version! How can it be related to graphics? It crashes when I save just about every time, I have a problem with the Cadimage integration. It even crashes when I copy and and paste, or when I ctrl'z to undo!! I'm going back to AC15. Graphisoft should be ashamed. I just don't understand that people are not reporting this!??
Here is the Cadimage problem, and they are not interested to help me resolve this either:
Karl Ottenstein
Zak,

Your error message - and issue - seem to be related to Cadimage, which has nothing to do with Graphisoft and AC 16.

Given that the error is a Cadimage error - it is very strange that they are not interested in helping you ... not a very positive way for them to encourage new customers.

If you completely remove ALL 3rd party add-ons -minimally move all Cadimage folders from your Add-Ons folder and do NOT load any Cadimage libraries... do you still have problems? (You can simply move the Cadimage files out of your Add-Ons folder into another folder somewhere temporarily to test this.. no need to run an uninstall procedure.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Takis
Expert
After making trials with third party libraries I have figured out that there is no problem with cadimagetools addons.
Try removing temporarily Cigraph's Archisuite addons - it worked for me.

The last checks have shown that the problem is with cigraph's "Architerra" addon. The rest Archisuite addons seem to be ok.
Just remove Architerra folder from Archicad's addon folder temporarily.
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Let me confirm the trouble is coming from ArchiTerra and that the only solution, right now, is to remove ArchiTerra from the ArchiCAD add-on folder.
We are already working on this issue and I hope we will be able to upload a new version in the late afternoon or, in the worst case, at the beginning of next week.
Of course I will notify its availability here as soon as it will be downloadable.

I just want to take advantage to ask for your help: as any developer knows you can fix only the bug you know, if nobody notify us the trouble the trouble could stay there for a lot of time.
I'm not saying you shouldn't use this Graphisoft forum to discuss about our products, I'm more than happy if you write here everything you want but in such kind of cases (what GS and us call "killer bug") I kindly ask you to directly contact me or Cigraph.

Of course I read any day the post in this Forum but there always is the possibility I miss one of them but if you drop me an e-mail I will get the communication immediately and the solution of the trouble can be faster.

Anyway, thank you very much for your report, and let me say a big sorry for this trouble we caused you.

More than friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Ok, we just uploaded the latest "hotfix" for AC 16.
I suggest every ArchiSuite user (also who didn't get the trouble!) to download and use this latest update.

Thank you very much for your help and patience.
Friendly,

Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Sr

The archicad 16 crashes is relacionate with the saving projects. In my case i don´t have the cigraph archisuite or cadimage tools installed. This version its very unstable in my opiniion. I returns to the archicad 15 versions. A long time waiting for the new release and it´s a bad surprise.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.
Learn and get certified!