Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 18 only installing demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Installed ArchiCAD 18. Computer then rebooted without warning after what seems to be after installation (happened on every installation of ArchiCAD 18 ). After reboot ArchiCAD had been installed.

However it is only allowing me to use demo mode. Codemeter error: 501 (see screenshot attached)

Downloaded file from Chrome browser, no issue.
Checked .exe extension.
Re-installed with windows firewall and windows defender turned off.
Tried inputting my serial number as activation code.

Any ideas whats going wrong?

[/img]
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
Have you upgraded you Archicad key to version 18?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Have you upgraded you Archicad key to version 18?
Barry.
Hi Barry,

I have always used the educational license. During installation it didn't ask me for upgrading keys or enter new serial which I have done in previous installations of ArchiCAD versions. I feel I have missed a step somewhere.

Ive also noticed there is a Codemeter Control Centre in my notification area. Anything to do with the 'Codemeter error 501'?

Any ideas?
Barry Kelly
I didn't realise you were trying to use the educational version.
That shouldn't be using any Codemeter or Wibukey drivers at all.
You could try removing (uninstalling) those.

I don't know a lot about the EDU version as I don't use it.
But when you install one of the first dialogues should be asking if you have a serial number or hardware key.
Obviously you want the serial number which sounds like what you have already done.

I sure I read in another post somewhere that someone was using the same EDU serial number they got for 17 and it was working in 18.
So it should be working.

If you have a file you have already saved in 17 try just double clicking it to open it.
This should open in 18 as it was the last version installed and should trigger the EDU licence as all EDU files will make even the professional license and EDU one when opened.

Otherwise someone else that uses the EDU version may have some ideas.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry for your suggestions. I forgot to mention the EDU version bit!

I tried opening a file saved in AC17 in AC18 but the same codemeter error dialogue box pops up.

So I have downloaded which looks like the only version of the installation .exe available - AC18-3006-INT. Do you know if I may be downloading a non-EDU installation package? (if that even exists)

The only dialogue box I am presented with is the 'extract ArchiCAD package' dialogue box. After that, I get the 'loading ring' which is followed by a computer restart with warning a few minutes after.

Any suggestions?
Barry Kelly
Where did you download the file from?
MyArchicad is probably the best place to get it - link is at the top of this forum.

There is only one installation file and you have to choose what license type you want as you install it.
EDU, trial and professional all use the same software and installer - it just depends what license you have as to what you can use.

After you have extracted the installation file you should be prompted with a series of dialogue boxes that will help you to set up the installation for Archicad.

One of the first should look like this.
Barry.
install.jpg
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've solved it!

***MAKE SURE YOUR JAVA IS UP TO DATE BEFORE INSTALLATION***

I've installed both 64 bit and 32 bit JAVA Version 7 Update 65.

Spread the word!

PS. Thanks Barry for sticking around and yes! of course i only download my software from myarchicad.com! The best God Dam BIM software on this planet!
Barry Kelly
I'm glad you've got it sorted.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27