Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 20,21,22,23 shows EULA on startup every time.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a user who has been having this issue for a while now, with no discernible reason as to why it started or what to do in order to make it stop.

Every single time he opens ArchiCAD 20 (for Mac) it pops up with the End User License Agreement. He simply clicks OK/Accept and everything works just fine. It's not a huge issue, but understandably it's getting pretty annoying for him to have to do this multiple times a day.

All settings have been searched through multiple times, and it was even recently fully re-installed but the EULA popup still persists.

If anyone has any ideas on how to stop this, I'm all ears.
33 REPLIES 33
Eduardo Rolon
…and today neither asked after a restart, so this is definitely weird.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

DGSketcher
Legend
I usually just put my Mac to sleep unless I know there has been an update. So last night I used shutdown. Today AC hasn't requested the EULA. I'm sure Apple do auto micro updates which they don't declare, just occasionally I find native apps that stop functioning or behave badly until a reboot, mail and music are the apps that seem to have the most issues.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
JaredBanks
Mentor
New 16" MBP 2019. Happening to me on both ARCHICAD 22 and ARCHICAD 23. Not every time, but most of the time.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Eduardo Rolon
Just to keep this alive since I get it EVERYTIME I restart my MBP on both 22 and 23 with no solution in sight.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for sharing the issue!

I saw your case reported in our system already, and it was answered by one of our colleagues since 28th of February. Could you help us with providing the required files directly to that case so that we can have some more information to push the investigation forward?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Eduardo Rolon
Little pressed on time here but it looks like it is the same problem as before. Besides showing it on relaunch it also shows when switching WiFI networks.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
and the EULA starts showing up again in 24 after a restart.
This never happened during the Beta BTW.
Could have been the after running the last macOS update but if so this is the only app that does it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

DGSketcher
Legend
Seeing this on my iMac as well.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

Thank you for the report!

Is this issue happening on a loop (EULA keeps showing at every startup)? Is there a pattern on when it will show up (like after OS update, Archicad update)?

I would like to collect some logs for further investigation. Could you please share with us the FastLogger Files (https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/63116/) and System Report (https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/95408/) for the investigation?

Let me know if you'll need a secure place to upload them!
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Eduardo Rolon
After the last macOS update, or switching networks, or launching another session. So the pattern is whenever i use AC.
Post the link for the uploads
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator