Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 21 5010 update - 3d window

fuzzytnth3
Booster
I installed the 5010 update today but I am now getting a lot of crashes when I go to the 3d window.

If I select one element eg. a wall I do a "show selection in 3d" it works however when I activate the 3d window with nothing selected and most of the Model being displayed in the Plan window it crashes.

I have reported the above to UK UAS support together with Crash Log IDs

Any ideas how to proceed or should I uninstall and take ArchiCAD back to the previous version?
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend
I would get in touch with GSUK tech support. I had a similar thing a couple of updates ago which turned out to be something in the handrail code.

Also make sure everything is up to date, High Sierra is now at 10.13.2 and I have no problems in the 3D window.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
fuzzytnth3
Booster
DGSketcher wrote:
Also make sure everything is up to date, High Sierra is now at 10.13.2 and I have no problems in the 3D window.
Thanks for that. I have now emailed UK Tech Support along with lots of Crash Log IDs

I had upgraded to High Sierra but it made ArchiCAD 21 Build 4022 incredibly slow on my 2013 Mac Pro and it wasn't easy downgrading the install back to Sierra 10.12.6 so I'm a bit nervous about upgrading to High Sierra.

Also Graphisoft state on their hardware requirements webpage that Mac OSX 10.12 is the recommended operating system for ArchiCAD 21 not High Sierra
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
DGSketcher
Legend
I held off installing High Sierra until the AC21 5010 release which is supposed to solve the last of the major incompatibilities. I did install the 5010 update first and had to do a reboot to get it running. I then backed up everything but High Sierra was a flawless install if a little long winded, I think it took about an hour to upgrade my Mac. The GS hardware page is probably due an update but they are also still localising 5010 so that may be why it hasn't changed yet.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)