BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 8.0 & 8.1 slow navigation across network within

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ever since we upgraded to 8.0 we have had issues with opening files across a network from within ArchiCAD. This is definitely an issue with ArchiCAD because it only happens while trying to open a file from within ArchiCAD or Plotmaker, not any other program. This problem does not occur with any other program. It does not happen when accessing folders in the finder, only in AC & PM. It is not the opening of the file that is problem either. It happens while navigating within folders, it takes anywhere between 30 seconds and 5 minutes just to navigate within a folder (opening a file that is within a folder that is within another folder). We are on Mac OS 10.2.8 896mb ram, 733 mhz processor. 100 base t network.

I have tried many different things but so far nothing has helped. I was hoping that upgrading to AC 8.1 would solve the problem but to my dissapointment it did not. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. HELP!!!!!!!!
6 REPLIES 6
Aussie John
Newcomer
i've noticed that on a gigabit network and G5 , archicad V8.0
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
This isn't much help, but our problems with slow network performance went away with AC8.1. We are using OSX Server 10.2 on 10/100 ethernet. I am using Panther but we haven't upgraded any of the other machines yet. Loading very large layout books is still a bit slow.
Aussie John
Newcomer
I dont expect to get v8.1 til after Xmas but I will be able to let you know how it goes on server and client 10.3- gigabit
Cheers John
[/size]
jclewis
Booster
Try Panther (10.3) - it solved our (similar) problems.
James C Lewis
AC 24 (Full)
Mac Pro (Late 2013) OS 10.13.5
__archiben
Booster
Aussie wrote:
i've noticed that on a gigabit network and G5 , archicad V8.0
john, did you replace your cables to run your gigabit ethernet, or is there enough of an improvement using the existing ones?

i read somewhere that although it can run over normal CAT5 cables, actually achieving gigabit speeds requires "additional wire pairs". . .

i would be quite interested to know, as we are looking into upgrading to a gigabit switch.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Aussie John
Newcomer
Ben, we just used the existing Cat5 cabling. Our network isnt very long.
Cheers John
[/size]
Learn and get certified!