BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD Tutorials

Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand that the tutorials (essentials and BIM Experience) were made for an earlier version of ArchiCAD. As such, I'm finding it really, really hard to get through them. Following the step-by-step instructions is impossible as nothing goes right!

First: The new youtube channel doesn't have the same videos as the BIM Experience module, and there is no longer any archiCAD video player within the help menu. I have to play the videos in quick time meaning I can't see the video and the archiCAD screen at the same time unless I resize the worksheet (which then becomes so small, it's nearly unworkable).

When the tutorial tells me to name something (W-01 DWG Walls) I am told by archiCAD there is already a file of that name... *sigh* Okay, I'm smart, I'll just name it something else and move on. Next step doesn't achieve it's aim of creating a trace reference (where are the little red arrows I'm supposed to see?) and now the video is saying 'select wall tool' --yeah, guess what... 'wall tool' is greyed out and I can't select it!

aaaaaand I am ready to smash something with a hammer.

I have to agree with some of the other frustrated posts on here... I do believe the program is probably very simple... It's obvious that a lot of work has gone into the tutorials, but unless you have that specific version of archiCAD the tutorials are meant to explain, they are essentially useless.

I really want to use this program because a lot of firms use it and I know it would be a fantastic aid! I've learned Rhino, V-Ray, and AutoCAD just by following tutorials. But at the moment I'm finding it super frustrating to even begin with archiCAD!

If graphisoft can't update the tutorials for the current version, maybe they should make Version 12 available so we can use the tutorials as they're meant to be used. Then we could easily follow the instructions and learn the basics without frustration.

Whadd'ya say Graphisoft?
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It would be helpful if you could create a list of problems you have encountered. It would be helpful to also note where these happen. Possibly some screenshots would also help.
Then you could send them to Graphisoft so they can fix it.
Or you may send it to me and I will forward it to them.
Thanks in advance.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!