Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD crashing when I select a roof, wall, etc. to modify

Anonymous
Not applicable
8 crashes in a row, every time I select a wall or roof, ...probably other items too, besides walls and roofs.

Last night AC was working just fine. I saved my file on two hard drives and went home.

Today, nothing but crashing. Other programs work fine. I tried opening the backup pln files, ...no luck, same problem.

I will mention that I was getting a stuck "pan" mode tool last night in 3D mode.

Graphics card(s) may have heated up, though I haven't used the computer much yet. Will shut down and try again tomorrow AM, but am worried.

Have others run into this? Does a software reinstall fix it?

-JS
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
False alarm....hopefully.

Computer was just tired. It was in the job file on "sleep" for a few hours while I was out of the office.

I restarted computer after a few minutes, ...problem went away.

For now, I hope.

-JS
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Just as a general advice in case ArchiCAD is crashing:

- Always send in the bug report. It helps us immensely, even if you don't add any further information to the report. We analyze data statistically, so the more report we have, the better we can set priorities.
- That said, it's very helpful if you include a short description of what happened.
- Crash reports are anonymous. We won't be able to get back to you. But you can always contact support and ask us to look up your report. We will need a bug ID. All bug ID-s are stored in the CrashSubmissionLog.txt file

Location on Win XP: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Graphisoft
Location on Win Vista and Win 7: C:\Users\USERNAME\Graphisoft
Location on Mac: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Logs
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Will do. (will send bug reports) I sent seven or eight reports yesterday but probably should have let my machine rest and restart first. That seems to have solved the problem(s).

We'll know more later this AM.

-JS