Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD key

clints
Booster
Long time user first time poster......

Due to increased work load in my office (good thing) we are accepting an additional employee to enter into our midst. This new employee will be on a part time basis only. So, we are in an unique situation that we've never dealt with before. The rest of us all have our own dedicated keys for our computers, shelling out the cost for each key. I also know that there is a pay by the minute key out there, that you can pay a certain amount and you get approx. 100 hours of use, or something like that. Our use pattern is going to be somewhere in between a full time key user and a limited ability key. So, we were wondering if there are any ways of locating someone that may have a used 8.1 ArchiCAD key for an OS X macintosh computer that they would be willing to part with at a lower than new rate. Are there websites out there for such a thing or does anyone here have an extra key that they no longer require?

thank you

Clint
ArchiCad 27 | Mac Studio 2023 w/ 27" mac monitor | M2 Ultra | 64 GB | Sonoma 14.2.1 | Indiana
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Look on ebay - there have been a couple of full Ac 8.1 up for sale recently. One was going for £1210 - a bit steep when the current best deal seems to be £2395 including Artlantis and a Cigraph add-on, with free upgrade to 9!!
clints
Booster
Thanx for the tip; I had checked ebay, just prior to posting and there was nothing at the time, but i will be sure to keep on checking. Anyone else?
ArchiCad 27 | Mac Studio 2023 w/ 27" mac monitor | M2 Ultra | 64 GB | Sonoma 14.2.1 | Indiana
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did a search earlier today and came up with a dodgy offer for what must be a cracked copy (Windows only) from Georgia (I assume the ex-soviet state, not the southern USA) and someone trying to sell an educational copy for more than list price.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Educational copies appear with regularity on ebay - most sellers indicate that these are educational copies.

Occasionally there are sellers who are offering copies which purport to be one from a multi-license (server-based?) version, and feature pix of what appear to be original manuals and CD's. No dongle is offered - an electronic key is used in lieu. I suspect that these are pirated versions.

Once in a while there are legitimate copies - in the last fortnight there have been two legitimate copies sold by UK-based sellers.

They DO come up on ebay, but infrequently.

I once innocently bought a copy of v4.5 and had it shipped from the US only to find it was a pay-per-use and not a full license and therefore not 'upgradable'. It was part of a job lot including a computer and loads of other soiftware of little interest to me. The seller refunded my bid, but not the shipping costs, so I was only about $40 out-of-pocket - but, if it had been genuine, I would have had a real bargain!!
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
clints.
Be very careful were you buy your key from! If you, for example, by a keyplug in the US but you live in Australia, the Australian version of ArchiCAD may not work on your new key plug.

For example. I live in Sweden, the US version of ArchiCAD doesn't work on Swedish key plugs.

The Australian, US example above is just that an example. The US key plug may very well work on an Australian version, but check up were the key plug is coming from before you purchase it.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
As a result of violating ArchiCAD-Talk’s etiquette content of this post has been removed by the moderator.

Graphisoft Forum Administrator