Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCad 9 US - Wall intersection voids remain after trim

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am experiencing a problem of voids, or gaps, remaining in walls after other trimmed walls have been moved or deleted. It is almost as if the 'ghost' portion of the removed wall remains and shows itself in any wall contacting it. Any suggestions. I have already installed the new patch.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you sure this is not happening when you hide a layer?

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I have gone back and checked and it does seem to be what it is, the wall overlapping a hidden wall. Is there a way to turn this condition off or prevent it from happening?
Djordje
Ace
cpeeps wrote:
I am experiencing a problem of voids, or gaps, remaining in walls after other trimmed walls have been moved or deleted. It is almost as if the 'ghost' portion of the removed wall remains and shows itself in any wall contacting it. Any suggestions. I have already installed the new patch.
Which system/OS?

Video card?

Drivers?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Windows XP Professional 2002
Intel Graphics Controller
Anonymous
Not applicable
If the layers the walls are on have the same intersection index, the point of intersection will not heal when one layer is turned off. They need to have differing intersection indexes. (see attached)

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I will try that.
Djordje
Ace
In some cases, the gaps do appear just after you trim or adjust a wall. They usually go after a redraw or a rebuild.

If they stay, and show in 3D, than the layer intersection priorities are probably the culprit.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen