BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 10 on new Imac - won't load

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just got the new 21.5 inch Imac - very nice, but I can't load AC10. The first dialgoue box opens after inserting the disk, and that's it. The text is greyed out, and the blue activity disk whirs round endlessly, but nothing happens and I have to force quit. I have loaded Windows XP via Boot Camp and AC10 installed on that no problem, but I bought my first ever Mac to use AC10 on it! The OS is Snow Leopard 10.6.1.

Is anybody able to help, please?

Thank you so much.
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Glenn:

You may be trying to install the PowerPC version on an Intel machine, see this article:
Archicad 10MacTel version

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Karl Ottenstein
Congrats on your new machine. I'm sure it's a thing of beauty.

As David said, the disk does not contain the Intel version of AC 10. (Only AC 11 and above are delivered with Intel versions - 13 and above being Intel only.) You'll need to download the Intel version and then things should be OK ... except for the AC 10 issues with Snow Leopard described in this wiki article:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/SnowLeopard

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you David, and thank you Karl. AC10 Mactel version successfully downloaded and installed! I will look at those issues in the wiki article, Karl - thanks.

Best regards

Glenn
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Glenn:

You may be trying to install the PowerPC version on an Intel machine, see this article:
Archicad 10MacTel version
Bingo,

Now I know what's wrong with AC10 disk - I will chase up my supplier.

Many thanks

CD
Learn and get certified!