BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 12 .plt and legacy .lbk

I was converting old .lbk files to AC12, and in the process half of the times archicad crashes when opening plotmaker files, so i had to give up and keep the old .lbk files.
A few days ago i had to make some minor amendments to a layout that was in a .lbk file. It was easier for me to simply open the .pmk file and do the changes directly, rather to find the archicad file.
I thought that i could import the .pmk to a new AC12 file and edit the .pmk on archicad, but this is not possible.
Since Plotmaker has been discontinued why it is not possible to edit .pmk files directly on Archicad?
Do we have to keep the old Plotmaker to an old mac forever, in order to be able to make amendments to old .lbk files?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 4060 FULL
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
You can open LBK and PMK's in AC and you can use the Place command also. Is there a specific problem?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Yes,
first of all, 50% of the times Archicad crashes when opening .lbk's.
And secondly the place command only allows to place a pmk as a raster image, there is no way to edit the pmk.
Eduardo Rolon
Strange, when I place PMK's they come in grouped and all I have to do is explode them to edit the lines.

About the crashing LBK's there is not much I can do about it since I have not have that issue. Sorry about that one.

----
On image, left exploded PMK, right Original Placed PMK.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Thanks! I haven't thought of exploding, i used copy-paste with disastrous results...
This works fine!
Learn and get certified!