Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 13 Hotfix #6 (3600) problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
Win7 64 bit Pro, Archicad 13 with hotfix 4 (3259) Polish
BIM server also on Win7 64 bit Pro.
Hotfix #6 installed as needed before update to Archicad 14. We would like to leave version 13 to check all projects working properly on AC14.
After patching to hotfix 6 (3600 - international version - but this is no polish specific upgrade) AC13 users couldn't connect do shared projects with info that project was not shared yet.
Downgrading to 3259 version makes that projects are available for users.
Without 3600 hotfix I couldn't migrate projects to AC14.
I didn't try to migrate project exporting them as indyvidual projects (? - or something like that).
Possible bug (language dependent) in hotfix #6 (3600).
Help appreciated.
Regards for all AC admins/users,
Maciej
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Are you sure that you upgraded your BIM Server as well as the clients? After that, installing 14 should install the new BIM Server with both 13 and 14 server modules and your 13 clients should still be able to access their projects... That's the concept, anyway. 😉
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Checked more than twice.
First time installed hotfix on server then workstations and upgraded server to AC14. Workstations couldn't connect to project "project not shared yet".
After uppgrade workstations to AC14 abble to create new project and connect to server but no possibility to prepare AC13 projects to upgrade.
Downgraded to hotfix 3259. Workstations abble to connect.
Then twice checked step by step - hotfix on server and on workstation - no change ("project ...").
After installing hotfx on server station are not abble to connect cause other version server/workstation.
I would like to have possibility to start AC13 to be sure, that people could end projects started in AC13 (I don't know what will be with libraries - can be moved or not).
Regards,
Maciej "Alien"
Karl Ottenstein
It sounds like you've done everything correctly... Maybe someone else here has experienced this and has an idea for you...

But, contact tech support in any case as they can both help, and should know about this issue. Even if it is just something in the configuration, they can document it in the Wiki to help others...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's my next step. Tried do properly (with "rules") then google and forum.
Time to escalate - call Chuck Norris ...
Suspected "national" version ...
Regards,
Maciej "Alien"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Very Interesting.

All workstations in our office are Win7-64bit Ultimate (workstation).
Our BIM Server is a standalone Win7-64bit Ultimate (workstation).

We have had issues with 2 workstations unable to connect to TW2-13 projects (these were 1-2 year old quad core PCs reformatted with new OS).

We made the jump to AC14 and all our workstations connect to TW2-14 projects, however those two (older ones) still have issues and cannot connect to TW2-13 projects.

Our latest bug is that our solo-14 projects are losing their connection to BIM Server based libraries on all workstations, when a file is closed and then reopened. Interestingly this is not happening for TW2 projects (13 or 14) or for solo-13 projects......