Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 15 start up hanging

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently installed AC 15 on 4 computers at my work and im still getting the hanging start up screen. all the computers have the same specs as listed below.

iv tired everything listed on http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD15/InstallProblems

is this something to do with my firewall settings?
im also installing AC 15 as a administrator.

AC 13 - AC 14 run and install perfect.

asdasdasdasd.JPG
11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly
Are your WIBU-keys upgraded to 15?
Although usually you would get a can't find license message if they weren't.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Timothy wrote:
I recently installed AC 15 on 4 computers at my work and im still getting the hanging start up screen. all the computers have the same specs as listed below.

iv tired everything listed on http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD15/InstallProblems

is this something to do with my firewall settings?
im also installing AC 15 as a administrator.

AC 13 - AC 14 run and install perfect.
I have the same problem
Anonymous
Not applicable
iv just checked if my Wibu-key was up to date and it popped up with this message.

thanks for your help Barry.

should i call tech support?
Karl Ottenstein
Timothy wrote:
iv just checked if my Wibu-key was up to date and it popped up with this message.
Hi Timothy,

That message refers to the WIBU key driver, which should be the most recent version, and apparently is. Barry was asking if your key contents reflected that the license for 15 had been installed. To check that, visit this web site to view the contents of your key:

https://upgrade.graphisoft.com

Agree to let the applets get installed on your computer, and you'll then see a list of all currently licensed products authorized by the keyplug.

Seems unlikely that it is a license issue, since AC will start up even if the keyplug is not upgraded - it will just start in demo mode. But, worth checking if the upgrade site can read your keyplug. Then you'll at least know that the keyplug is working properly.

Also, try unplugging your wibu key completely and starting 15: will it launch in demo mode then?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
G'day Karl

the keyplug is up-to-date.

i have taken the keyplug out and have tired to run it in demo mode on all 4 computers and the same hanging screen comes up.

Karl Ottenstein
Timothy wrote:
G'day Karl

the keyplug is up-to-date.

i have taken the keyplug out and have tired to run it in demo mode on all 4 computers and the same hanging screen comes up.
Hmmm. Sounds like potentially another conflict... To be sure it is not the WIBU driver, you might keep the key unplugged, uninstall the driver on one machine, reboot and then see if AC 15 will go into demo mode. If not, it is something else on your system.

I suppose it is possible that it is a firewall thing if you had agreed to send anonymous user data to GS during the install wizard?

Just to be sure, restart your machine in "safe boot" mode, optionally with networking. This will keep all startup items from launching. (You've said that you've tried everything in the Wiki article - an incorrect QT version is the only other thing I can think of... although I see the Wiki article discusses virus scanners blocking the installation of certain critical files... So, you tried uninstalling and reinstalling with antivirus disabled, too?)

Strange. Are you using a network key, or individual wibu keys for each machine? Is each machine identically configured (same antivirus / firewall / etc - so that a failure or success on one would be expected to happen identically on the others?

Have you checked your log files? On Windows, you can access these via the Manage Computer dialogs - check all three logs after startup (for issues with startup items) and after a failed AC 15 launch. (Any Mac users coming across this - launch the Console app to check Mac logs.)

All I can think of on an empty stomach. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
g'day karl

sorry its taken me so long to get back to you.

iv tried all the things you said to do.

what i came across is that it installs perfect on windows xp and not windows 7.

iv disabled all anti software and user accounts to never notify and still im left with the hanging screen.

is there something im not disabling?
Dennis Lee
Booster
I have a similar problem also, AC15 will sometimes take very long time to start first time after restarting computer. If you just let it run, it will eventually open up. After that, if you close and reopen archicad, it will start fast as usual. The slow start seems to be on occasion though, I haven't figured out exactly what causes it.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
so how long do you reckon i should leave it? an hour or 2? it doesnt even allow me to run demo mode. do you have the same problem?