BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 16 crashes

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I try to open another AC16, the AC16 that I have already open just crashes and a bug report appears. Is this a new feature of AC16 that you can only have one instance of AC16 open at any one time ?
9 REPLIES 9
Karl Ottenstein
What are your full machine/OS specs?

No problems here.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
What are your full machine/OS specs?

No problems here.
The machine spec and OS are as follows.

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
Sony Vaio VPCEC15E Laptop
2.27 gigahertz Intel Core i5 M 430
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
3072 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
8048 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Never had problems with earlier versions of AC
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chris wrote:

Do you load archisuite?
In my case after load archisuite I had a lot of crashes...
Now I only load archistair and architools (the plugins I use normally) and zero crash...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jose wrote:
Chris wrote:

Do you load archisuite?
In my case after load archisuite I had a lot of crashes...
Now I only load archistair and architools (the plugins I use normally) and zero crash...
Jose

Many thanks. I do not load any of the archisuite programs. I just have the basic library and addons that come with AC16.
I can repeat the crash every time I load AC16 and then load another AC16. The first AC16 crashes. I do not input any data. Both AC16's are 'NEW'. I will check it in the office tomorrow on another machine with simlar spec's to see if I get this consistent problem
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried multiple copies of AC16 on my other machine in the office, similar spec and it does not crash, and yet on my laptop, it does. Are there drivers, programs etc. anti virus stuff etc. being loaded in the background which could cause the crash? I will try to identify the culprit if that is the case but its quite a task.

Any ideas where to start looking first would be appreciated

Chris Tebbutt
Francois_MCD
Expert
We are getting the same problem on multiple machines.
A single instance of ArchiCad 16 runs fine, but the second you open a second instance they both crash.
Even when I have ArchiCad 15 open and open an ArchiCad 16 it instantly crashes the ArchiCad 16.
My ArchiCad 15 seems not to be influenced in any way so at least I can continue to work on the stable AC15.
No Morphing yet then until we get a AC16 that is stable
There is no way to copy and paste between AC16 and AC16 if we can not have 2 open.
A solution soon would be absolutely fabulous . . . .

Francois

-----------------------------------------------------
> Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz CPU | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA GForce 8600 GTS 256MB Graphics | Windows 7Pro 64bit

> Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 2.8Ghz CPU | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA GForce GTX275 896MB Graphics | Windows 7Pro 64bit
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Chris wrote:
I do not load any of the archisuite programs. I just have the basic library and addons that come with AC16.
I can repeat the crash every time I load AC16 and then load another AC16. The first AC16 crashes. I do not input any data. Both AC16's are 'NEW'. I will check it in the office tomorrow on another machine with simlar spec's to see if I get this consistent problem
We had similar reports about frequent crashes with second instance of ArchiCAD but so far they didn't appear so consistently than in your case. We are already preparing a fix for this problem as soon as technically possible. Sorry for the inconveniences.
Katalin Takacs
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you using 'Launch a new instance' option?

If no, try it.
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
The first ArchiCAD 16 Hotfix (build 3014) contains fixes for the mentioned crashes, please check out the release notes: http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/ReleaseNotes/AC16-3006to3014-ReleaseNotes.html
Katalin Takacs
Learn and get certified!