BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 18 Int. Version Chinese Language

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I've been using ArchiCAD since college and now want to apply the skills I've learned to my work. I am very comfortable with the English interface so I have no problem using US or Int. version of ArchiCAD. However, my clients are Chinese on a few projects, so my drawings will need to reflect the project infos as well as text annotations in Mandarin Chinese. A few problems occur when I work with Chinese characters.

1. Whenver I input Chinese in the text box, only a few Chinese fonts will orient the Chinese character the correct way. Most of them will display Chinese in a side-way fashion. Which I couldn't figure out how to fix.

2. Project info, floor name, layer name, drawing name will not work with Chinese character. within the software, the characters show just fine, but stuff like project name in a layout sheet will only show blank if the project info is done in Chinese.

so now I don't know if I need to get the 'Traditional Chinese' version (but this way, assume the UI will all be in Chinese instead of English?) instead, or staying with the 'International' version is okay, just need a few tips on the solution.

Thanks a lot.
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!