Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 22 - Layers from 3D to 2D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I have a question. If I change the layers on the 3D model they do not change in the 2d model. Why? There is an option that I have to choose? Thank you so much
9 REPLIES 9
Eduardo Rolon
Hi Alessandro,

The question as posted doesn't really make sense. AC does not have different sets of layers for 3D and 2D it is only one set. If you are referring to "Layer Sets" were you define "which layers are on/off, intersection number, lock/unlock, and wireframe" then it is a different matter. All tabs in AC can have different Layer states so when you switch from one to the other options will defer. You can copy the Layer State of a tab to another by rich clicking in a tab, choosing "Pick Up Settings" and then right click in the desired tab and using "Inject Settings".
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Alessandro:

Also, there is a Linked Tabs feature. Go to Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > More Options > Experimental Features to turn it on. Then when you right-click on a Tab you will have the option "Link Tab With >".

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
At the first, thank you for the answers. I know that the layers are the same, I use Archicad from 10 years. AC 22 only from 2 week.
I try to explain better, with an example. I have 3 layers: A, B, C.
In 2D I open A and B. I run 3d and I see the 3d model with A and B. Now, until I am in 3d view, I open also layer C, so (and this is the problem), when I go to 2d view the layer C is not visible (in Archicad 18 it was visible).
Many thanks!
Eduardo Rolon
ejrolon wrote:
…. All tabs in AC can have different Layer states so when you switch from one to the other options will defer. You can copy the Layer State of a tab to another by rich clicking in a tab, choosing "Pick Up Settings" and then right click in the desired tab and using "Inject Settings".
If I understand correctly this is your issue. When you turn ON layer C in 3D it remains off in 2D since AC does not updated layer states across Tabs (for that you need to have them linked as David indicates). This behavior was changed IIRC in AC21, eventually you get used to it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very good! Perfect, Now 3d and 2d are related. Thanks at all, and sorry for my english.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Alessandro:

There are also some newer commands "Floor Plan with current settings" and "3D Window with current settings" that mimic the earlier behavior.

Thanks for adding your signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,
this is very intersting, but I don't find these new commands...
Can you help me?

Thanks a lot David.

Alessandro
Lingwisyer
Guru
Work Environement => Keyboard Shortcuts => All Commands in Alphabetical Order => Floor Plan With Current Settings

1/3 down the page?
3D with current is at the top of the page

Just set a new shortcut for the two of them.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fantastic! Found!
Thanks at all!