BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 23 and 24 - new startup window

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

Is there a way to have access to the new Startup Window (AC23 and 24) if Archicad is already opened?
Like if I have two projets opened and one crashes, could I try to open the recovery file from the startup window on the one Archicad that is still opened?

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Depending on how you've set up your Autosave, just open a new ArchiCAD session and it should fire up the startup window automatically and among the most recent projects should be the most recent autosave from the crashed file (you can normally confirm this by the time-stamp on the file. Again, all dependent on how you set your Autosave to work. Assuming you're not working with a large or heavy file, it's always best to set the Autosave to the most aggressive or most proactive level (i.e. save after each command.) Archicad's autosave is relatively not as destructive or constricting as other programs, so you barely notice when it backs up for most files).

At least that's how it works in PC; I assume it's the same for Mac.

This has happened to me plenty of times (my fault most of the times), and all I did was just opened a new session and my file was right there, backed up right up to whatever the last command I did was.

It's unquestionably one of the best features of Archicad, in my opinion.
Lots of programs get this horribly wrong.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for you feedback. I agree, most of the times it works perfectly. But, do you know how to open the startup from another copy of Archicad that is already opened and dit not crash?

Thank you.
Barry Kelly
afaria wrote:
Thank you for you feedback. I agree, most of the times it works perfectly. But, do you know how to open the startup from another copy of Archicad that is already opened and dit not crash?

Thank you.

I don't believe you can.
You have to open a new Archicad.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry.
It would be nice if it was possible and it seems simple to implement.

Have a good day.
Learn and get certified!