BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 23 slow and freezing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I've recently downloaded Archicad 23 student version on my notebook, but every time I try to use it something happens and it freezes or it just takes a really long time to load.
I've used other similar programs and they worked fine on my computer, so I don't think it is a problem of the prerequisites to install it, but it may be and issue of my graphics card.
My hardware:
Processor 64-bit, 4 cores, 8 threads, Intel core i7 -8550U CPU @ 1.80 GHz 1.99GHz
RAM: 12GB
Hard disk space: 1.44 TB
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 620
I also did a little bit of research and actually found out that some people had the issue with the 23 version, so I don't know if it is better if I downloaded the previous one.
I've tried to uninstall and reinstall it too, but it did not work. I don't know what else to do, if there's anything that I can do.

Thanks in advance
13 REPLIES 13
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your answer!

If you are sure that, all anti-virus programs are disabled, and the issue still persists, could you please generate a FastLogger during the time that the issue happens? Here is how you can find get it:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/63116/

Please remember to clear all existing logs in advance, before generating a new one!

One more thing, could you please send me the System Information file generated from your machine? Here is how you can generate one: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7822-create-system-information-file-windows-10-a.html

This may reveal what ARCHICAD is doing when it freezes!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
I've tried to generate both files, don't know if I actually did it right, but I'm not able to attach it here, so I took some screenshots of the end of the log - because it was too long and I think the problem is there, don't know for sure - and of the info file.
Let me know if something's missing or if there's anything else that I could do.
Thank you!
Lingwisyer
Guru
Allebasis wrote:
What do you mean by throttling?

Throttling is where your performance will be reduced. In terms of hardware, this is generally done to prevent heat damage to components. You can install a program such as CoreTemp and enable logging to track what temperatures you are getting to when you issue arises.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Allebasis wrote:
Hi!
I've tried to generate both files, don't know if I actually did it right, but I'm not able to attach it here, so I took some screenshots of the end of the log - because it was too long and I think the problem is there, don't know for sure - and of the info file.
Let me know if something's missing or if there's anything else that I could do.
Thank you!
Hi,

I will need both files in order to understand the issue. I tried to send you a private message that included a link where you can securely upload the file to us for further investigation!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!