Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 24 Crashes repeatedly

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have Archicad 24 running on Catalina and the program seems slow and then crashes at various times. The solution so far from UAS support is:

Thanks for the feedback, I had a chat with a developer just now and they've suggested the following:

1. Update to 4007

2. Disable the Geometry Shader as before

3. Launch ARCHICAD at all times using the valloc_replace workaround as shown below:

0. download the .dylib file in the attachment and place it in Application folder

1.the command we will need to run looks like this:

DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/<path_to_dylib>/libvalloc_replace.dylib /<path_to_archicad>/ARCHICAD\ 24.app/Contents/MacOS/ARCHICAD

2. If AC is installed in "Applications/GRAPHISOFT/ARCHICAD 24" folder, here is how the command looks like:

DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/Applications/libvalloc_replace.dylib /Applications/GRAPHISOFT/ARCHICAD\ 24/ARCHICAD\ 24.app/Contents/MacOS/ARCHICAD

(remember to place "\" characters before every space in path, as you can see in the example above)

3. Paste the command to Terminal and press enter, AC will start.

It's important that Archicad is started each time using the Terminal command rather than just running it from the icon on the dock or desktop.

How does this sound to others?

I am losing so much time trying things but have no other option to continue drawing and keep restarting.

Thanks

Steven
2 REPLIES 2
fabioferrini
Enthusiast
Hi Steven,
I’ve the same issues here,
Could you kindly tell me where I can find or download the .dylib file mentioned in your post?
Thx
Fabio
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Steven and Fabio,

Thank you very much for your reports and I am very sorry for the trouble that you are having with Archicad!

We found that a small number of customers with AMD video cards may experience heap corruption crashes in different scenarios while working in Archicad, mainly from macOS 10.15 Catalina. They may seem random and they can happen multiple times throughout the day.

We create a workaround that will be available from Archicad 23 Update 3 (60xx) and Archicad 24 Update 2 (40xx). The workaround guideline is available here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/133933/

Please make sure to have your Archicad up-to-date before applying this workaround.

If the workaround above does not work, please contact me and we will see how we can move forward from there.

Thank you very much for your understanding, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT