Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 26 - cant save as. MacOS 13.0.1 Ventura

Maronsen
Contributor

Has anyone else had this bug before? I cant save my file, all of a sudden. Saving the file seems to work when using the regular save function, but when trying to save the file as a new file the dialogue box is cropped. The text field is hidden, and the save button is greyed out. 

Installed AC26 last week, have had no trouble before now. 

*For some reason this happens in AC25 also, but not AC24. 

*Looked in system information to see if any updates had been installed since last week, but none. 

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 09.56.25.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I did uninstall + reinstall, but upon opening the program the error did persist. After closing and opening the problem a couple of times the problem has spontaneously fixed itself. I closed the program and opened again and the error was back...

This is something I cant comprehend, so I will be contacting support to see if they can understand what happened.

Working: 

Maronsen_0-1673264297313.png
Not working: 

Maronsen_0-1673270157610.png

*Contacted support now and the problem is..... Ventura. And compatibility issues with this operating system. Marking this as "solved", even though its not.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly

When I first started many years ago, I was told always to save (save as) from the plan view, never the 3D window - unless you want to save a particular 3D type.

So maybe try again from the plan.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks for your reply Barry! Unfortunately inabillity to save happens in both 3D and plan view. 

Whats even weirder is that after checking the system information on my mac I see that there has been no new updates since last week, when I had no problems saving. 

Try clicking the little expand arrow next to the save location. It will make the window bigger and may make the title appear at the top. You can just see the bottom of the 'Save As' input bar above the 'Tags' input in your screenshot.

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 11.22.55.png

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

The button is unfortunately not possible to click, Lee. In fact the whole dialog box seems to not accept mouse input. I cant click cancel, or open the expanded view for locations to save in, for intance. In order to close the window the escape button has to be pressed. 

Solution

I did uninstall + reinstall, but upon opening the program the error did persist. After closing and opening the problem a couple of times the problem has spontaneously fixed itself. I closed the program and opened again and the error was back...

This is something I cant comprehend, so I will be contacting support to see if they can understand what happened.

Working: 

Maronsen_0-1673264297313.png
Not working: 

Maronsen_0-1673270157610.png

*Contacted support now and the problem is..... Ventura. And compatibility issues with this operating system. Marking this as "solved", even though its not.

Hi, i just got archicad and have the same issue. where you able to solve this problem already? thank you

Barry Kelly

Does this solve you issue?

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/Save-dialog-still-bugged-AC-26-5003-NOR-FULL...

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Having the version 5003 in archicad solved this issue. Thank you.

Whats weird is that for me the problem still persists with 5003. Strange behaviour from this save dialog.