Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 27.2.0 Update Preview release showing 3001 ?

Marc H
Advisor

Tried updating with the preview as it would correct several issues I am working around.  However, after update, AC shows wanting an another update.  Checked my build, AC shows update took the version 4060 back(?) to "3001".   Thought I would try a couple of the fixes.  Failed and crashed.  Now I guess I need to re-install 4060 build.

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based Sonoma

AC27 2.0 Preview Update.png

AC Auto Update Findings.png

  

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Geoff Briggs
Mentor

I have successfully installed the preview update for both the USA and INT versions, but mine is Apple Silicon not Intel. I have downloaded the wrong installer on a few occasions including just yesterday. It's quite easy to do with all the choices.

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly

I guess all you can do is try installing update 27.2 again.

Make sure you get the correct MAC OS version - I assume only the correct one will install anyway.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks, Barry.  On reflection, I think the 27.2 Preview Update version was mis-labeled as build 3001 instead of 5001 (as its described).  I did check the platform and OS before download.  In any case, in the two tests I performed on some of the stated fixes, it still failed (i.e., to allow individual MEP part editing and crashed with CAPS on label editing). Not sure what happened (maybe it did not install properly at all - it actually stated it was a 'Repair'), but I'll just await the formal 27.2 release.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

If it came up as a 'repair', then it sound like you have re-installed the initial program which is indeed build 3001, rather than installing the update.

If you don't uninstall Archicad before you do this it will say it is repairing the initial installation.

Updates do not off this repair option.

They will just say the update is already installed.

I am not on a Mac, so I can't check out that the downloads are the correct ones.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

I used the correct link in the preview release, which has a statement that it is tested and true, even though not formally released.  I've installed AC updates for years and never had this kind of issue.  But then, AC27 has been unlike previous versions, with all manner of issues.  Perhaps the Mac-Intel version was not high on the check thoroughly list.

Of course I can't test it but the file I can download for the Intel based Mac is called ... Archicad-27.2.0-Update-USA-INTEL.dmg

So you are sure you ran this file and not ... Archicad-27-USA-3001-1.0-INTEL.dmg ... which is the initial installer and would have given you the 'repair' option.

It is just strange that I have not heard other reports of the update not upgrading the program.

So, I am just thinking you might have accidentally installed the wrong file after you downloaded it?

Are there any other USA Intel Mac users out there that have installed this update?

If so, could you please confirm if it did or did not upgrade to build 5001.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Solution
Geoff Briggs
Mentor

I have successfully installed the preview update for both the USA and INT versions, but mine is Apple Silicon not Intel. I have downloaded the wrong installer on a few occasions including just yesterday. It's quite easy to do with all the choices.

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x

Okay, my mistake.  Normally, I have a link to the correct update.  After seeing your post regarding INT vs USA versions, I went back to the site and found the language question button at the top!  (For some reason, I was drawn to the radio buttons of AC version and platform.) 

Apologies to GS and thank you, Barry and Geoff, for taking the time to respond to my post.  I really appreciate it.

Checking Update Version.png

Setup info provided by author