Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 27 New Features

Stress Co_
Advisor

A couple of new features videos were posted to Graphisoft’s YouTube channel:

https://youtu.be/WqCkRPMGBls

https://youtu.be/OmHezluaDFI

“Options” looks promising.

Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full)
22 REPLIES 22

1. New Design Options looks interesting - will try to use it;

2. More broad search was very needed - Very good, very needed for bigger projects;

3. Object placement anchoring dimensions - very useful one (Don't hesitate to borrow nice functions from Revit in future also);
4. Multiplication and Division in Drag Cursor is good step forward;
5. GO - will clean up my GO rules into folders as it will be available.

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

mthd
Mentor

Thanks for posting the Archicad 27 product overview video. I have not seen that one till now. It definitely looks promising for DO’s “Design Options”. It will be interesting to see how it will all work in practice ?

I have waited for 20 years to get something like DG’s “Distance Guides” in Archicad. Probably because I was used to other CAD software that positions elements in a similar manner. 

The schedule improvements are great too. One gets the feeling that GS are targeting the US market even more in recent times. That’s a good thing for all of us and has the potential to gain many more users from other CAD software companies over to Archicad. That in-turn could drive the future direction of Archicad’s core development ? 

We all know that complexity of design is driving the future of Architecture and it will be interesting to see what is developed with future versions of Archicad. Right now they are happy to collaborate with other free form modelling solutions but I wonder if GS and by extension NC have any plans to create their own free form modelling solution that will work right inside Archicad ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
Botonis
Advisor

To add to the above:

I was always frustrated with the overide rules because of the lack of folders. I was using Codes to create categories but at the end there were so many that I had to scroll up and down to find the proper one. The folders will make me use them more often...nice addition.

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

The best thing is that the design options are functional with hotlinks....Several different hotlinks=just one file to edit.

This looks huge!

Botonis Botonakis
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
bouhmidage
Advisor

The design options looks like an introduction to the phasing feature, it's interesting how archicad manages elements visibility, now we have layers, renovation filter, design options, and sometimes G.O. 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

I would like to be able to come out of the GDL Editor in archicad 28.
This is because most visual studios work on horizontal monitors, and it is much better to check them on another screen in Editor. Still, the ArchiCAD developers who worked hard to provide the dark mode worked hard.

And I want to be able to create a single composite object using commands such as Wall and Slab within GDL.
The desire is for a medium that can control the things that are often created.
I hope once again that it is controlled by parameter values such as A and B, and then becomes each object during Explode.
I hope that GDL will also be decomposed into various final GDLs such as toilets during Explode.
This is my small opinion. ^^

AC27 on window 11
Gui Lima
Contributor

Finally can we write "Grand Total" at the last line of one schedule ? Rsrs

Botonis
Advisor

I still have not figured out if just changing the position of an object will be considered a design option, or do we have to delete it and place a new one..........

The first will be really something as obviously it decreases the work significantly.......

(but I have the feeling I am asking too much!!!!)

Greetings

Botonis Botonakis
Jose Gradoli
Booster

Still no override rules applied on layers of a composite element (walls , slabs..)

www.formaarquitectura.com
ARCHICAD 25 SPA

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!