Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 27 does not launch on Mac Sonoma (Intel-based)

Gotman
Newcomer

Hello!

I've downloaded the Archicad 27 version for Intel-based Mac computers, but after installation (which worked without any issue) I just cannot launch the program. At the very beginning I have an unknown error, and... that's It 😕 

I attached an exemplary error from GSReport - it's in Polish but you can easily see that there is no information there, just info about the crash.

Thanks in advance for your help, I've been trying to install that bloody software for four days and it still does not work!

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based 14 Sonoma

Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-8 o 21.51.29.png

2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein

Did you provide full disk access via System Settings?

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Tamas Gaspar
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi @Gotman,

Based on the crash ID, this bug is caused by a permission issue, right after the installation. It seems like, somehow there is an Archicad log folder that is set to be able to be modified only by the admin. I am not sure how it could happen, but please try to modify the read/write permissions of this folder and its sub folders to "everyone": /Users/...../Library/Logs/GRAPHISOFT/ARCHICAD Log Folder

If you need help with this, or it doesn't solve the issue, please contact your local technical support representative: https://graphisoft.com/where-to-buy

Regards,

Tamás Gáspár

Setup info provided by author