Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 3d problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having problems with my 3d displaying. As i click it, closes down the archicad. What can I do to fix this

Additional Info:
When I open up a project i previously did, it says i am missing some add-ons and list two
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK not every time, but in some circumstances it happens a little to much. The circumstances are viewing 3D openGL window with render background, and render background is a picture. I got this issue some time ago, on my MacPro (with nvidia 7300GT) but I thought the file was corrupted, and I didn't have much time to investigate.
Now I had the same problem on my MacBook Pro with another file. Because it was repeating the same issue, I tried to investigate a bit more. I cleaned preferences, I joined my file on a new one from Archicad 12 template, I resized the image, but the issue remained.
After that, I tried the same file on two iMacs (one with ATI 2400HD and one with 2600HD), and all worked fine. I opened 3D openGL more times, I changed the backgrund picture, without any crash. Now I'm on my MacPro, and I tried the same file I tried on iMacs, and... Boom! Open it, open 3D open GL window, and Archicad crashes.
How an hassle, how much time I spent the previous time I needed to adjust the view for a simple render on a picture! A little job I should do in little time...
OK, is there anybody else there, that had the same issue?!

Karl Ottenstein
Borgo - I have moved your post to this existing thread. Please search before posting.

This bug will be fixed in the next hotfix to ArchiCAD 12 which will most likely be released early in 2009.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Borgo - I have moved your post to this existing thread. Please search before posting.
Sorry, I didn't see this thread. This issue made me really crazy, some months ago... I should render a simple house on some photos but I can't align them in the real position, because I must hide some existing constructions
Karl Ottenstein
No problem. But, this is why all users should contact their local tech support as soon as they see any bug - not wait until it drives them crazy. Had this bug been reported sooner, it might have been fixed sooner. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have the same problem... nothing of the above solved my problem. it happens to a specific file only..... also when i export it to artlantis 2.0..... only this file....

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
GeForce 8400 gs 256 MB RAM