Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad Forum and and an IPAD

Eric Milberger
Advocate

The browser for an IPAD is not compatable with this forum.

The problem in when I transfer into a conversation and then GO BACK it takes me all the way back to the first page of the Forum.  That means I have to scroll through 20 pages is to get back to where I was.

Every few months I will go thru all the questions to view answers and lean.  Thought IPad would be great as it travels easily.  But too slow so much use a computer for speed.  Any suggestions?

Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
4 REPLIES 4
mi_jan
Enthusiast

Yes, it does the same thing on Desktop, the "LOAD MORE" button is just stupid, endless scroll might work for social media, but it makes 0 sense for a knowledgebase/learning community. Obviously, whoever designed the new and "improved" version of this community does not use it on a regular basis. 

We need page numbers + the ability to choose how many posts per page come up at a time; you know, exactly how EVERY OTHER forum known to man works...

iMac - MacOs Big Sur 11.6.6
Archicad 24 - Latest Build
Archicad 25 - Latest Build

@mi_jan wrote:

Yes, it does the same thing on Desktop, the "LOAD MORE" button is just stupid, endless scroll might work for social media, but it makes 0 sense for a knowledgebase/learning community. Obviously, whoever designed the new and "improved" version of this community does not use it on a regular basis. 

We need page numbers + the ability to choose how many posts per page come up at a time; you know, exactly how EVERY OTHER forum known to man works...

You mean page numbers like this?

BarryKelly_0-1656237273982.png

There used to be a 'Load More' button but I thought is was changed to this for everyone a while ago.

Maybe it is the browser - I use Firefox.

And have a look in the settings in your profile.

There are dozens of things you can change in there.

The number of post you can see is one of them.

Also the order newest to oldest or oldest to newest, threaded or linear, and so much more.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 12.46.44 PM.png

I still get the 'load more' button on Chrome and Safari on the home page. The numbered view as shown in your screenshot only shows up inside threads for me. 

Thanks for the tip on increasing the post count per page, 10 posts per page default was driving me crazy. 

iMac - MacOs Big Sur 11.6.6
Archicad 24 - Latest Build
Archicad 25 - Latest Build

@mi_jan wrote:

I still get the 'load more' button on Chrome and Safari on the home page. The numbered view as shown in your screenshot only shows up inside threads for me.

That is probably because the home page is listing all of the posts in the entire community, and you have the choice to list as 'most recent', 'most viewed', 'most commented' or 'most liked'.

So you should be able to get pretty much what you want, especially when you increase the number of posts visible.

There would be 1000's of pages to choose from so I am not sure that helps at all.

I wish there was an 'unread posts' button there as well.

I read all posts with an 'unread post' link (bookmark) I have set up.

That is easy to do on a PC - I haven't tried that on an iPad.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11