BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad crasehs when saving to pdf

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.

I have been using archicad 13 for about 9 months and i am very satisfied of it. I have done several projects and dozends of pdfs saving marquees to pdfs.

Now suddendly when i try to save to pdf archicad crashes.
The same problem occurs with archicad 11.
I have tried unistaling both archicad 11 and 13 an reinstalling them but the problem remains.

This is a very importan problem for me because saving to pdf's is the outcome of my work.

Thank you in advance.!
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
I followed the instructions to replace JackX folder.
Now Archicad will not open.
Only a dialog box reopens every time I hit any button.
Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Jef
Anonymous
Not applicable
dear gkmethy

I also replaced the JackX folder a month or two ago and have been able to PDF well since then. All was going okay until a few days ago when, although my AC 12 opens okay, after a few commands it either freezes and/or says that the protection key cannot be found (or some such thing) i cannot work at all and am desperate to get some work out. I have tried inserting the key in alternate USB slots but nothing helps. On small files i can maybe do about 5-10 commands and save and in this way get to PDF'ing but on large files I cannot even finish one command before I have to force quit.

Should I replace the old/archived JackX folder? But then what would I do to PDF?

Problems abound! pls help.

Thanks
Moji
Anonymous
Not applicable
As a Temporary solution, I do a screen save (shift+command+4) to make .png file. You can then open and convert to .pdf.

But I still need to fix this pdf issue.

Jef
Learn and get certified!