Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad crashes on start up

3tp
Participant
I'm trying to run archicad (21,22,23) on my father's pc, but crashes on start up and graphisoft bug reporter, also crashes.
PC runs windows 10 pro ver 2004 64bit,
cpu:Intel xeon E5620 2,4GHz
RAM: 6,00 GB
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
I tried unistall and reinstall, i talked with the reseller here in Greece and they have no idea how to fix it.
A week before, archicad was running fine on that particular PC.
Any ideas?
14 REPLIES 14
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you for sharing the report and I am very sorry to hear about the issue!

There were some reports recently suggested that a region setting in Windows 10 could be the culprit. Please check a BETA function of Windows 10 by opening Control Panel, going to Region settings, switching to the Administrative tab, and clicking on the 'Change system locale...' button? On the appearing Region Settings dialog, there is a checkbox for this: 'Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support".

If that doesn't help, in this case there are two scenarios:

- ARCHICAD couldn’t get far enough along the start-up process for the Bug reporter to notice, or the crash somehow fell out of our notice.
- The Bug Reporter actually pops-up for a second and then it crashes as well (probably because of the same issue)

It’s possible that a report file (RPT) has been saved in the Bug Reporter folder. You can send this in manually, by drag-and-dropping it on the Bug Reporter application.
If there’s no RPT file, then on you might get a report about the crash generated by the Operating System.

The Bug reporter folder can be found in:
- Windows: C:\Users\USERNAME\Graphisoft\BugReporting-XX
- macOS: ~\Library\Application Support\Graphisoft\BugReporting-XX

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

3tp
Participant
mnguyen
Thank you for your reply.Unfortunatly, nothing worked.
The Bug Reporter actually pops-up for a second and then it crashes as well. Although i found several RPT files (located at the \BugReporting-23), i cannot send any of them, because Bug Reporter crashes when i drag-and-drop a RPT file. Is there a different way for me to send the RPT file?
I'm almost certain that the problem concerns the cooperation of the graphics card with the WINDOWS and their new upgrade. I've read that ceveral NVIDIA cards have problems with the new update.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for the information! If that is the case, could you make a copy of all RPT files inside the BugReporting-23 folder and send them to me for further diagnosing? Also, please save the System Information file (https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/95408/) and forward it also.

Please let me know if you need a secure place to upload the files. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

3tp
Participant
Could you provide me a secure place to upload the files, you asked?Thanks for your interest.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

I sent you the link via Private Message. Please let me know when the uploading process is finished. Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello i've got a similar situation, archicad [23, 24] both instandly crashes before it launches.

I tried:
-reinstalling
-enabling "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support"

only thing different in my scenario is that the bug reporter does not crash.

Any idea's? thanks in advance.
Miha_M
Advisor
Beta Unicode UTF-8 language support in Windows 10 has to be disabled.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Tim,

Thank you for the question!

Yes, it is true as Miha said, that this feature needs to be disabled. Could you give it a go and see if it helps?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

3tp
Participant
TimvanHarmelen wrote:
Hello i've got a similar situation, archicad [23, 24] both instandly crashes before it launches.

I tried:
-reinstalling
-enabling "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support"

only thing different in my scenario is that the bug reporter does not crash.

Any idea's? thanks in advance.
I did a windows system restore, I reinstalled archicad and problem is resolved.