BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad doesn't work, the program doesn't start

Anonymous
Not applicable
I downloaded archicad 23 and the program doesn't start.
I clicked on the icon and the program window opens, but clicking on "new project" the program crashes. I also tried to download ARCHICAD 22, but after starting the program, it closes automatically after the start window.
I have reinstalled both programs several times and I have also tried ARCHICAD 23 in the English version, but the problem remains.
I have cleaned the computer from old files and updated the graphics card, but there is always the same problem.

I don't know what to try anymore, please help me!
19 REPLIES 19
Karl Ottenstein
What is the version/build of your operating system? What are your computer specs?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
What is the version/build of your operating system? What are your computer specs?
I have a laptop with Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-6200U CPU 2.30GHz 2.40 GHZ, with a 64-bit operating system.
Also, I have windows 10 as the operating system, with build number 18362.836.
My display adapters are:
- AMD Radeon(TM) R5 M430
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 520.
Karl Ottenstein
There should not be a problem starting... assuming sufficient RAM (not mentioned in your list).

Do you have any antivirus or firewall running? If so, try uninstalling, disable AV/FW, and re-install and launch. It should at least launch in demo mode. If not, contact tech support.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
There should not be a problem starting... assuming sufficient RAM (not mentioned in your list).

Do you have any antivirus or firewall running? If so, try uninstalling, disable AV/FW, and re-install and launch. It should at least launch in demo mode. If not, contact tech support.

The RAM is correct with software requests.

In the past days I have also tried to install the program without antivirus, but nothing changes.

Also, I have been trying to contact technical support for weeks but I am unable to receive support.

I'm desperate,I can't do my job
Karl Ottenstein
PatriziaTR wrote:
Also, I have been trying to contact technical support for weeks but I am unable to receive support.

What country are you in? What type of license do you have? Who specifically have you tried to phone that never answers?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
PatriziaTR wrote:

What country are you in? What type of license do you have? Who specifically have you tried to phone that never answers?

I am in Italy and I have an Educational license because I'm a student.
I called "GRAPHISOFT Italia S.r.l." (Via Rossignago, 2/a, 30038 Spinea - (VE)) but probably for the COVID-19 emergency they never answered at the phone or email.
Jacques Toerien
Participant
Is Windows Defender turned on? Try disabling it if it is to test.

As both AC 22 and AC 23 aren't working I suspect something on the Windows end. Do you receive any notifications when the program stops working?

Did you use ArchiCAD before with a commercial license and are now trying to use a student version? Crashing at the startup / splash screen is often license related.
2012 13" Macbook Pro 8GB Ram, OS X 10.14.6
2010 Mac Pro 2x 6 Core 2.93Ghz Xeon, 48Gb Ram, OS X 10.14.6, RX 580

To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem. - Douglas Adams
Lingwisyer
Guru
There were some other posts that mentioned something about forcing AC to use your dedicated GPU / disabling the integrated GPU.

Here is a thread on the MS forums about how to do it; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-force-a-program-to-use-a/fab...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jacques wrote:
Is Windows Defender turned on? Try disabling it if it is to test.

As both AC 22 and AC 23 aren't working I suspect something on the Windows end. Do you receive any notifications when the program stops working?

Did you use ArchiCAD before with a commercial license and are now trying to use a student version? Crashing at the startup / splash screen is often license related.

I have antivirus Norton and I tried to disable autoprotect but everything is the same.

I have also tried in the past to install the software with the antivirus disabled, but nothing.
I don't get any notification when the program stops working, but the software window reports "no answer".
I used archicad 22 on the same computer last year with an educational license also.
Learn and get certified!