BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Autosaved teamwork draft invalid after crash

Anonymous
Not applicable
A user in our office on a new silver iMac (2.8 GHz) running Leopard has experienced this twice within the last week:

ArchiCAD 11 crashes while working on a teamwork draft while doing simple drafting. We open the auto-save file and received the message that the draft was created from an earlier sign-in and that changes cannot be sent to the project. The Teamwork notes as seen from another member's machine show this crashed user's history as still being signed in without any sign-outs in recent history. It's clear that our crashed user was working in a valid draft.

This seems like a bug, but I can't find it anywhere on the message lists and haven't seen it happen to anyone else in the office.

Each time we have been taking the teamwork file down to solo project mode and re-sharing the project in hopes of clearing out any teamwork bugs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
5 REPLIES 5
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Tim wrote:
We open the auto-save file and received the message that the draft was created from an earlier sign-in and that changes cannot be sent to the project.
When this happens, try to open the current PLC (not the autosaved draft) -- I bet you're still signed in (perhaps you have manually saved since the last autosave).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
TomWaltz
Participant
It sounds like the person changed workspace after the PLC was last autosaved.

I usually recommend saving the PLC immediately after you Sign In, Send/Receive or Change Workspace. That usually fixes the problem.
Tom Waltz
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
TomWaltz wrote:
I usually recommend saving the PLC immediately after you Sign In, Send/Receive or Change Workspace. That usually fixes the problem.
Me too. In fact I wish GS would make this mandatory.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the answers. Now it makes sense. Work space had just been changed and I'd be willing to bet a fresh .PLC was not created. We're pretty diligent about saving drafts immediately after signing in. Changing workspace is the same deal since the draft ID changes.

I really appreciate it!
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Tim wrote:
Work space had just been changed and I'd be willing to bet a fresh .PLC was not created.
ahh -- this makes sense. It's amazing in this day and age how people are still not in the habit of saving regularly...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Learn and get certified!