Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

BUG concerning the Keyboard shortcuts

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cant seem to understand why the Tracker option goes off after some minutes working in Archicad 16, just because i've changed the Keyboard Shortcuts... And sometimes, the same happens with the Guide Lines option...

It gets really hard to work if you have to keep activating the TRACK and GUIDE LINES every time i want to draw using these helpers. And all the Hotfix released by GRAPHISOFT cant seem to correct this simple but incredibly annoying issue...
8 REPLIES 8
Dwight
Newcomer
What is your setting?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have experienced the tracker problem. It is usually (maybe always) off when I first start up the program. It may also turn off now and then while I'm working. I don't recall for sure because it is so easy to just hit the default "J" shortcut to toggle it back on that I hardly notice now.

I haven't had any problem with the guidelines.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, i understand that the problem can be masked using a "turn on" option key, the thing is that when i'm drawing in 2d and i must constantly input massive commands with measures using the Track option, it becomes extremely annoying having to activate the Tracker option several times a minute...

Concerning Dwight's reply, i've already tried the two available options and none seems to fix it. I think i the problem simply relies in some software bug...

Anyway, thank you both for the replies.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That sounds awful. Have you notified Graphisoft?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I have also experienced the Tracker just turning off for no reason. And this has been going on for several versions.
I will notify GS about it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, that would be great.
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
The next ArchiCAD 16 Hotfix will contain fixes for Tracker that solve the issue of disappearing Tracker in most cases.

We will be waiting for your further remarks in this issue. Thank you for your comments.
Katalin Takacs
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Katalin, just to inform that the new Hotfix released for Archicad 16 didn't resolved the bug that i've previous mentioned...