BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Blank tooltips

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have downloaded the student edition, latest version (13.0 build 3235) on Windows 7 32 bit. All tooltips besides the main menu ones are blank. I don't believe I'm the only one having this problem, but googling it does not give any results...

Please check the attached picture... all tooltips on all toolbars, palettes, etc, besides the main menu, are blank.

Regards,
Lazar
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
You're not the only one...
I've got the same problem, ArchiCAD 12 and 13 (64bit) on Windows 7, 64bit.
Couldn't find anything, some people had the problem on Vista too. archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=25254.

Would be nice to get this fixed...
Karl Ottenstein
Has anyone figured out what causes this Tooltips problem and how to fix it?

I have a client with the latest build of AC 14 on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and things were fine last week, but today all Tooltips show as in the screenshot in the first post in this thread - a tiny rounded rectangle. Only Tooltips for toolbars show up. (Tool Box and all palettes show the weird shape.)

We restarted ArchiCAD and the client isn't aware of any software updates since things worked fine last week.

I've found various posts about people running into this issue with Vista and Windows 7, but have not found any posts with a solution.

Ideas?

Thanks!
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
In Windows 7 - change Display resolution to "Smaller - 100 (default)" and restart!
Karl Ottenstein
kliment wrote:
In Windows 7 - change Display resolution to "Smaller - 100 (default)" and restart!
Kliment, you're the man! Thank you - that fixed all problems.

During our Skype session today, we noticed that the Print dialog did not show up in its entirety either - the buttons were clipped off. Changing the display setting brought back all ToolTips and fixed the dialog problem.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad I helped, Karl! 😉
Learn and get certified!