Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Camera Path Switches

David Pacifico
Booster
My Camera Path switches to a different one when I go from the 3D back to the Floor Plan. Why is this happening or is it a bug. It's bugging me.

I like to have one camera path called NONE so that I don't see any camera when I don't need them. When I go to the 3D window and then back it will switch it from NONE to another path with cameras and I can't see to figure out why. Also I noticed that some times when I go back to the 2D window an camera will pre-selected. (different problem). I'm I missing something?
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram
5 REPLIES 5
David Pacifico
Booster
I think by closing all the tabs on my project, it seems to not be happening anymore. Perhaps the 3D window tab was remembering a camera path that I didn't want to see anymore.
David Pacifico, RA

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi David,

I hope everything is going well for you!

Thank you for the question! Unfortunately, I am not able to replicate this issue, on either ARCHICAD 21, 22, or 23. I'm wondering if you could create a short video to demonstrate how did the problem happen in your situation? That would be a huge help for me in order to move the investigation forward. Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
David wrote:
I think by closing all the tabs on my project, it seems to not be happening anymore. Perhaps the 3D window tab was remembering a camera path that I didn't want to see anymore.
If the tab had a blue perspective box as icon, it is a saved view and that will most likely also save the path being used.

If it is a black camera icon, it is a project map link without saved view settings.

Just to be sure: if all you want to do is hide cameras on the floor plan, you can also do that in the path settings by activating camera settings, clicking 'path' button at the bottom left and then you can set 'Display Options' to none and change it to camera, path etc again later. I would say 99% of the time I have the cameras hidden.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
David Pacifico
Booster
Thanks Erwin,
That explains it perfectly. I also work with the cameras off 99% percent of the time.
If I click on the a 3d blue tab that had a saved view with camera's, then the next time toggle to the 2D window, where previous the camera's where off, they will appear.

I often toggle between the 3D and 2D window with the F keys.

So good to know!

Minh hope this makes sense. I can see why it happens, and it may be a preference one way or the other. I would differently prefer to have the camera's remember the 2D window so I can not have the camera's show every time I go back to it.
David Pacifico, RA

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

Thank you for the explanation! Af first, I thought it was about the path display option on 2D floor plan. After much testing and Erwin's suggestion, I now understand that: saved camera view in the View Map will affect the path which is being displayed on the floor plan. Switching back and forth between the saved 3D camera view and the floor plan can make the path jump to another one.

Which makes me ask myself the question: is this the intended behavior? I tested the last 3 ARCHICAD versions (21, 22, 23), and they all behave like this. Furthermore, let say if you open to a saved view, and want to know which path it belongs to, will it be more efficient if the path is switched to show where that camera is?

What do you think? Let me hear your opinion about this!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT