Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Can ArchiCad utilize high-end dual GPUs?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking into buying a Mac Pro, but I am unsure if buying a version with two D700 powering the graphics will gain me anything over a version with two D300s?

From my past experience, any GPU with a decent enough amount of RAM and enough power to drive a fly-through simulation is good enough. And since the D300 is essentially a rebranded FirePro W7000, which tops the benchmark in the video card recommendations, I am guessing the lowest specced GPU option should be more the reasonable.

Am I right in thinking so, or is there something I am unaware of, such as ArchiCad 19 suddenly getting OpenCL based rendering?
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Neither AC nor CineRender would utilize a second GPU.

As for OpenCL rendering in 19 or later... it would be the Maxon / Cinema4D rumor mill to check on that one... assuming that ArchiCAD will be kept in sync with updates to C4D. 😉

Between this and your core-count question... just in case you haven't read through the various benchmarks at Bare Feats, check them out:

http://www.barefeats.com

P.S. Love your signature ("Programmer dating an architect") 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tips.

p.s. My girlfriend is the architect, and I am her go-to tech person when it comes to stuff like this