BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Can Archicad 16 run on Mac OS 10.12?

peter farrow
Contributor
Can Archicad 16 run on Mac OS 10.12?
I have a new iMac running OS 10.12 - I can open my Archicad 16, but with limited functionality.
Are there any workarounds?
That is other than upgrading Archicad, or partitioning the hard drive and running 10.6 on the new partition.
Thank you
peter
Archicad 4.5 to 16 - iMac
London UK
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I think Sierra only supports from 18 upwards. Mavericks (10.9) still supports ArchiCAD16.

5 versions on you might consider upgrading, a lot of helpful things have been added since then, here's a quick overview: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/archicad-versions/
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
peter farrow
Contributor
Thank you
I would like to upgrade my Archicad, but having retired I use it only occasionally these days, and it's expensive keeping up to date. So I am seeking ways of running Mavericks on a partition on the hard drive of my new computer, proving to be more complicated than I thought.
peter
Archicad 4.5 to 16 - iMac
London UK
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
peter:

I don't know if this will help, but I can run ArchiCAD 16 on OSX 10.10 (Yosemite).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
With virtual machine (VM) software like Parallels Desktop you should be able to install older version of OSx and run ArchiCAD 16 in that.

Or if you have a bootable installer for the older OSx, you can try installing it that way, but not sure if it will support your new MAC hardware that way. I don't think you can boot up older OSx installer from a newer version of OSx.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
mikas
Expert
What kind of limited functionality you have encountered with it? I can run ArchiCAD 14 with Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6. That's why I would believe you could run AC16 too with Sierra.

But then again, I have not tested it thoroughly. I'm not using it actively, it just was there as an old installation in my iMac, so I tried it.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Learn and get certified!