Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Can't seem to move my Drawing Title anymore - corrupted file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,
this has been driving me crazy for quite a while, and I want to believe that there is some easy solution and I am just making a simple mistake.
We are using a few very simple custom drawing titles for all our drawings on the sheet.
I usually am able to drag the title anywhere on the sheet I want it to be. I active the drawing and click and hold down on the anchor point, a little submenue pop ups and voila (I attach an image).
Now, on some files, I have the issue that nothing happens when I click on the anchor point, and the drawing title staus in its position without being able to be moved.
Funny as is, if I copy clip this drawing into a new file, it works again.
Copying everything to a new file is not really an option, since I have way too many layouts defined already.
Any smart ideas? I even take the not so smart once.

Thanks

Bjorn
19 REPLIES 19
Erika Epstein
Booster
Have you tried doing a New and Reset?
ctrl+N +alt
cmd+N+opt
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Have you tried doing a New and Reset?
ctrl+N +alt
cmd+N+opt
Didn't do the trick....and now I have to customize my screen again (should have saved the work environmnet first I guess)
Erika Epstein
Booster
Do you have any duplicates loaded? specifically the title?

Do you have the title saved as a favorite that you can reapply?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Do you have the title saved as a favorite
Call me crazy, but I am actually not using favorites. I know most people swear to it...but it didn't really do the trick for me.

Only dupliate loaded is a custom door handle (which I seem to have some problems getting rid off, bbut that's a different topic).

As I am saying, the weird thing, same title works on some sheets, but not on others. If I copy clip to another sheet that has a working drawing title it works. If I simply create a new sheet and copy clip, it doesn't.
Erika Epstein
Booster
In a file that the title works, create a favorite. Export the favorite and then import it into the file you are working on. Similar to exporting and importing a work environment. (or don't you do those either 🙂)
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
I doubt this is your problem but sometimes I get this weird bug that makes it so my pet pallet won't appear. Don't know the fix for it but a workaround is to select something else, like an element or something to get the pallet to appear for that object and then I go back and the pallet usually works.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Bjorn:

What is the name of the Title you are using? I don't see a Title that has the drawing number on the right.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Erika Epstein
Booster
It's a custom title that they are using.
Perhaps it has some legacy issues?
Do you want to post the title for people to look at?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
First of all, let me say thank you for all the replies so far. Unfortunately I am not any further on this, but here is some more details/replies to the suggestions.
Erika wrote:
[...]Export the favorite and then import it into the file you are working on.[..]
No good either. Nothing changed, and again, it already works in some instances in the file and in some it doesn't.
zeropointreference wrote:
[...]Don't know the fix for it but a workaround is to select something else, like an element or something to get the pallet to appear for that object and then I go back and the pallet usually works.
Unfortunately, this won't do me any good either.
David wrote:
What is the name of the Title you are using? I don't see a Title that has the drawing number on the right.
Erika already answered this one for me:
Erika wrote:
It's a custom title that they are using[...]Do you want to post the title for people to look at?
I attached the title as a zip file with the original title. Come to think about it...Erika, this might have actually been created by you back in the days (might have been Karim as well though).

Thanks