BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Cannot get an update installer (archicad 21 update 7000) to install remotely

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I use a software management system called Addigy. I am trying to script a silent install of that update to the users. If I run it on a test machine by remoting into the box and then in terminal run the application install with the -silent command at the end sure enough it installs with no further interaction.

However if I try to push out the commands remotely it says:

"The installer is unable to run in graphical mode. Try running the installer with the -console or -silent flag"
1 REPLY 1
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I am not an expert on this field (especially on that specific remote management software), but here's an article explaining how to create packages for silent installs from our installer packages.

This article is about our ARCHICAD 22 (and newer) installers, where we started using a new installer technology specifically to support such workflows. It may not solve your problem for installing the ARCHICAD 21 update, but for future versions it might give you insight.

It might also be worth checking out this other topic about creating packages with custom environments (the people there might be able to help you out):
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62484

Good Luck!
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!