Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Countdown message...opening AC25

alanw
Contributor

I keep getting the message when opening a file....with the days counting down.... originally from 31 days I think.....

I purchased AC25 a while ago and have no annual liability to AC in way of a subscription....and this message has not shown since purchase.  I am concerned that I will lose the use of AC when it counts down to zero and wonder if this will happen and how I prevent it. See a screenshot of the message ...see top right.

Thanks

Alan

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 10.37.56.png

Operating system used: Mac 10.15.7 Catalina

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Create a Graphisoft ID if you haven't done so already.

In fact you must have one to access this forum.

Sign in with it and the message will go away.

I am pretty sure Archicad will keep working.

You will just loose access to certain features - but don't ask me what those features are.

As you don't have a subscription, you will not have access to some features anyway (i.e. additional surface catalogue).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

Solution
Karl Ottenstein

To clarify Barry's post... yes, you have a Graphisoft ID to sign into this Community... but the ID (email) you used to create the account here might not be the same as the email/ID that is associated with your license.  You'll know when you attempt to sign in.   If your current ID (used to sign in here) does not work, then you should find some email from Graphisoft related to your AC 25 purchase to find the correct email address/ID - or contact your country's sales/support department if necessary.

We have no idea when and why Graphisoft decided to force people to sign in to their Graphisoft ID from time to time even though they have a perpetual license.  It just is what it is.

BTW - not that you asked - but since you are on 25 and Catalina... do not update your macOS to Sonoma as 25 will run but is not fully supported.  Updating to Ventura is totally fine.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Solution

Thank you (and Barry before)....quite right it has seemed to work and the countdown clock no longer appears. Panic over!

Also for the message about the OS system.....as a result, I have now updated to Ventura...seemingly very liittle difference to Catalina so far.

Alan

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Barry Kelly

Create a Graphisoft ID if you haven't done so already.

In fact you must have one to access this forum.

Sign in with it and the message will go away.

I am pretty sure Archicad will keep working.

You will just loose access to certain features - but don't ask me what those features are.

As you don't have a subscription, you will not have access to some features anyway (i.e. additional surface catalogue).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

To clarify Barry's post... yes, you have a Graphisoft ID to sign into this Community... but the ID (email) you used to create the account here might not be the same as the email/ID that is associated with your license.  You'll know when you attempt to sign in.   If your current ID (used to sign in here) does not work, then you should find some email from Graphisoft related to your AC 25 purchase to find the correct email address/ID - or contact your country's sales/support department if necessary.

We have no idea when and why Graphisoft decided to force people to sign in to their Graphisoft ID from time to time even though they have a perpetual license.  It just is what it is.

BTW - not that you asked - but since you are on 25 and Catalina... do not update your macOS to Sonoma as 25 will run but is not fully supported.  Updating to Ventura is totally fine.

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Thank you (and Karl)....this has seemed to work. I still know not why GS required this sign-in......they must have a reason?   

Alan

Solution

Thank you (and Barry before)....quite right it has seemed to work and the countdown clock no longer appears. Panic over!

Also for the message about the OS system.....as a result, I have now updated to Ventura...seemingly very liittle difference to Catalina so far.

Alan

@alanw See this (somewhat vague as to the reasoning) article that notes that the sign-in requirement began with version 25... the posts by Community members after the article contain some insights:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Licensing/Graphisoft-ID-Authentication-in-Archicad/ta-p/304128

Setup info provided by author