BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Crash accessing library parts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys-

We have just changed our server to one that is Linux based, and generally everything is running perfectly.

Except, that on 3 out of our 9 workstations, we find that Archicad crashes as soon as the users try to access the parameters for a library part.

Has anyone any suggestion as to what may be causing this?

Keith
Archicad 10
on Mac 0SX ver 10.3.9
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just an update on the above: I'm now told that this problem was occurring before we changed our server - so appears not to be related to the server.

However, it is very debilitating for those affected by it, who effectively have no way of controlling parameters for library objects.

- KEITH
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am going through a similar problem and I was wondering if you found a solution.

I am trying to find a solution so i can regain my sanity. I will post something if and when i come across a solution...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I notice that both of you are on Macs. Did you update Quicktime to 7.15? If so, I've seen it wreak havoc on library manager. I've heard that you have to manually downgrade to Quicktime 7.13. Also, check all the permissions on your folder. I was having this problem too on Mac OSX 10.3.9. I spent 3 hours on the phone to Graphisoft and they were stumped. The operating system had to be reinstalled to get the problem to go away. I tried reinstalling Archicad, trying each different build, but it ultimately came down to the OS.
TomWaltz
Participant
I think Melisa's right. It's probably the Quicktime 7.15 problem. I've seen that on a few users' home machines (we're on 10.4 here in the office, but they had 10.3 at home)
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom & Melissa

Yes it was Quicktime. Our Archicad supplier identified the problem and we were able to fix it by the process you describe.

Sorry, I forgot to log the solution here.

Thanks for your input.

- Keith
Learn and get certified!