BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Display problems when panning

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im using Archicad 20 on macOS X Sierra with the most current build of ArchiCAD. I am using a logitec mouse and no special drivers.

Problem: when I try to pan on a 2d view (by clicking scroll wheel on mouse) the view goes completely grey as I move. I am unable to see the drawing at all while it happens. Ive tried simple restarts, installed logitec mouse driver and uninstalled, tried other projects both teamwork and solo and still have the same problem. I tried my mouse on identical but different computer and had no issues. I don't have any problems in 3d Views. At first I thought it might have to do with the polling rate of the mouse, but Macs are limited to 125hz and Archicad apparently can handle up to 500 hz. Any ideas what could be causing this? Graphisoft website mentioned that undocked toolbars/palettes can cause performance issues, but adjusting those made no difference. Any help is much appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
In your Work Environment what do you have the 'Model Display in 2D Navigation' set to.

Barry.
model_display_in_2d.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
That did it! It was set to full model. I simply bumped the slider bar for "hardware acceleration" all the way up.
Learn and get certified!